How to Fix 3ds / 3ds XL game slot when it can't hold/lock the game

Hi I was looking online how to fix my 3dsXL game slot without swaping a new unit. My problem was simple, I could load games but wont lock them in. They will pop up right away.

1. First remove the back cover of your 3ds by removing the 2 back screws

2. remove the back plastic panel; there are 5 visible screws, lift the two rubbers on the back to reveal 2 more screws, making a total of 7 (look on the cart entrance).

3.carefully lift the back plastic panel pivoting on the game cart.

4. if you want you can disconnect the L and R buttons by lifting the connectors.

then we move to the game card slot, the way it works is really simple.
Inside, the lock mechanism has 3 pieces to make it work.

First the removable ones: springs and plastic rail guide (see picture)
2iqfw3q.jpg

the other part is a metal pin inside the the slot on the left side, the is a little meta tab that you have to pull in order to reach it
6731iu.jpg

this metal pin goes in the rail guide on the plastic piece, mine was out so it wont lock.
20jsnm8.jpg

after just pull back the meta tab as this helps the pin to ride the guide, but don't push it to far as it could lock it.

and that's it.

ruizleiva

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I need help!
Changing slot 1 of the games of the 3DS XL I have broken the track of one of the two pins that are on one side.
Where can I find an alternative point to be able to solder a cable from the slot1 pin to another site?
Attached photo of motherboard.
upload_2016-12-27_10-54-57.png

Thank you

Eraqus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi Juanmiglesias,

Can you please reupload the photos ?

I have the exactly same problem as you, the cartridge slot read but does not hold the games inside. It might be indeed because if the spring.

Thanks

Up !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol