Hacking How to extract wii iso

enak101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, i just cannot get any wii iso rar files to extract without problems. One iso i got just stopped at 33% and only extracted like 1.3 gb worth when it is around 4gb. The other extracted but then it says it isn't an archive etc. Is there a tutorial or can anyone explain please?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, is it just one rar file that your trying to extract? Because if it is, then that is the iso. Does the file have .iso at the end of it?

enak101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i took a look at that but it doesnt seem to be what i need. Atm i got the 10 parts extracted into a folder which has 1 big rar file but when i click on that it says file type not supported or corrupt file. I am fairly sure it isn't corrupted. Can i just drag this onto an external hdd and it would be the iso?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick tutorial:
Use winrar. download it. install it.
your .rar files: each Wii game will be different.
Some more, some less, some poster's will have rar files of the whole 4.37GB of a game,
while others will have a "scrubbed" size of games = (smaller than 4.37GB).
so, example, Mario Kart my have 11 rar files, you need to DL ALL 11 files, all in the same folder.
now use winrar, or, simply right-click on the last file, choose "extract here", and winrar will build
the ISO. Some posters will double-compress files, but not many, simply extract here again, then the iso
should be there.
if you keep getting corrupted file prompts, the poster f'ed up, or some rar files need to be downloaded again, a .sfv file with the rar files is used to tell what files are corrupted. Not all posters include this file.
Once you have an .ISO, you can burn to dvd-r with imgburn, or use wii backup manager to transfer this iso to a hard drive (usb)

enak101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks ddet, i simply forgot about wiibackupmanager man that is a good piece of software. Now got it working.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just thought I add two more bits of information to all the good stuff that ddetkowski posted...

1) Most "scene" releases are made on usenet newsgroups like alt.binary.game.wii for example. These "uploads" are often spread out over multi-part rar (doesn't have to be rar, can be zip or other pakage formats) archives y-encoded into several postings. As the nature of newsgroups is ascii and not binary, often these archives are downloaded with several bit errors. It has become the common practice of uploaders to complement their uploads with parity archive volume sets which can be used to fix any bit errors in the archives (utilities like QuickPar or usenet clients like GrabIt can do this). Sadly, it is often the case that these uploads are quickly reposted on download dump sites, or as torrents without being fixed and without the parity files....the peeps that do this...suck
tongue.gif

2) If you need to verify if a game image is indeed good there is a nifty set of command line tools called Wiimms ISO Tools. The tools let you verify and fix WBFS files and partitions, ISO files, and so much more. Check it out...

-[]D

Tvasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, is it just one rar file that your trying to extract? Because if it is, then that is the iso. Does the file have .iso at the end of it?

Do you how I would be able to burn that file onto a DVD? Also is that my ISO file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse