ROM Hack How to export save data to .sav???

AhmadMohammed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hey i have rxTools CFW and i want to mod rune factory 4 save i need to export the save to .sav file because the save editor support it
Ive tried to use save date filer and exported my save but in different format
also i lost my SMB2 save can i download one and import it to my 3ds ?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 465

seikur0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You exported the wrong saves, the ones you have there are for New Super Mario Bros 2. If you have Rune Factory 4 as ".3ds" file, load it and export the "CTR card" entry in the "User" tab of SaveDataFiler. The ".sav" files will then be in the "00000d28" subfolder, ignore the ".dat" files. Hope this helps :)

AhmadMohammed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
You exported the wrong saves, the ones you have there are for New Super Mario Bros 2. If you have Rune Factory 4 as ".3ds" file, load it and export the "CTR card" entry in the "User" tab of SaveDataFiler. The ".sav" files will then be in the "00000d28" subfolder, ignore the ".dat" files. Hope this helps :)
thanks for your reply but its kinda odd i dont have any .sav files i also exported super mario 3d land and its as "Gamedata.bin" the is the only file there :cry::hateit:

seikur0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know why it exports them as bin for you. You could send me the bin file for Rune Factory 4, I might be able to support them in a later version of my save editor. You could also try to just drag and drop your bin file on the editor, if you're lucky and the bin files are just the first three save files one after another followed by the slot save file, then it will work and load your first save. If you're unlucky it will still load, but the numbers won't be the right numbers.

AhmadMohammed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I don't know why it exports them as bin for you. You could send me the bin file for Rune Factory 4, I might be able to support them in a later version of my save editor. You could also try to just drag and drop your bin file on the editor, if you're lucky and the bin files are just the first three save files one after another followed by the slot save file, then it will work and load your first save. If you're unlucky it will still load, but the numbers won't be the right numbers.
so ok when i exported rune factory 4 i got the .sav files thats great but all the other games got different format .bin .dat ....

seikur0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is that a problem? Editors for other game's saves are probably for bin or dat files, if these games save them in that format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.