How to Enable M3i Zero - Quick Tutorial

Hi
just a quick video and step by step guide on how to enable the M3i Zero when you get it.

Enabling the M3i Zero

After following step 1, you can watch this video which will help you understand the process

1. Download this file Here
2. unzip it, and drag that 1 file (F_CORE.DAT, its the upgrade file), and 1 folder (SYSTEM, its the software the M3 real needs to run on) onto your micro sd card. Make sure the file and folder at in the "ROOT" of the micro sd card, the very top!
3. Put micro sd card into the M3i
4. Put the upgrade cable into the M3i (the shinny side, i.e. the side with the ARROW on it should be facing the BACK of the M3i!)
5. Plug the USB port into your PC, or anything that has a port that will give it power
6. The M3i should blink for about 15~20 seconds. After it stops blinking, your M3i is enabled
7. Unplug the upgrade cable from your PC and M3, and then put your M3i into your DS/DSi, and it should be working
8. You can now delete the file F_CORE.DAT from the micro sd card as it will no longer be needed (its only needed to flash your m3i once!)

The official website for downloads, files, etc --> http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html
The official guide on upgrading, including pictures --> http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Readme...ade_manual1.pdf

danijeljames

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danijeljames.com
XP
Country
Rev2k7 said:
i just got my m3i i did everything u said except not formating i got all my games from my acekard2i, it gives me the red light , i have my sd card in i got no clue whats going on.

Why don't you copy all the files on your SD card to your computer, then format the SD card, then put correct M3i-Zero firmware on the SD card and put all the .NDS and .SAV files back on there and start up your M3i-Zero?

That should help.

ljak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried sev times to follow this. First of all, the link isn't found. When I downloaded what I think are the correct files, I still can't make card blink. Stays solid red. PLS help. AM trying to get set up for XMas present for my son. Also, I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to these things, so pls bear with me.

Update: I tried the micro sd card in my other M3zero, and it works. The DSi is not recognizing the new M3Zero card. Pls advise!!! I tried to assure it wasn't a fake when ordering!

danijeljames

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danijeljames.com
XP
Country
ljak said:
I have tried sev times to follow this. First of all, the link isn't found. When I downloaded what I think are the correct files, I still can't make card blink. Stays solid red. PLS help. AM trying to get set up for XMas present for my son. Also, I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to these things, so pls bear with me.

Update: I tried the micro sd card in my other M3zero, and it works. The DSi is not recognizing the new M3Zero card. Pls advise!!! I tried to assure it wasn't a fake when ordering!

You have to Flash the firmware onto your M3i-Zero for it to work. It's not your SD card or M3i-Zero that is the problem.

Intelius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know what putting it into the ROOT mean? It said "right at the top", I'm really confused and this may help me with the solid red light I'm having no matter what I do. Thanks!

Lassik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Intelius said:
Does anybody know what putting it into the ROOT mean? It said "right at the top", I'm really confused and this may help me with the solid red light I'm having no matter what I do. Thanks!

It just mean to put it right on the SD card and not in a folder on the SD card. So if the SD card were like this "SD:\" that's where you would put it and not like this "SD:\Update\f_core.dat"

It has to just go right on the card. It can't be inside a folder on the card.

Kinda like when you go to your "My Computer" and you see all your drives. If you were to click on the C drive and open it up you see "Program Files" and "Windows" etc..., you would be in the root of the C drive at that point.

Root = Beginning AKA as far back as you can go. Like tracing a Tree or plant back to it's Roots. That's as far back as it goes. To the roots.

Intelius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lassik said:
Intelius said:

It just mean to put it right on the SD card and not in a folder on the SD card. So if the SD card were like this "SD:\" that's where you would put it and not like this "SD:\Update\f_core.dat"

It has to just go right on the card. It can't be inside a folder on the card.

Kinda like when you go to your "My Computer" and you see all your drives. If you were to click on the C drive and open it up you see "Program Files" and "Windows" etc..., you would be in the root of the C drive at that point.

Root = Beginning AKA as far back as you can go. Like tracing a Tree or plant back to it's Roots. That's as far back as it goes. To the roots.

W-w-w-w-w-wait. I'm almost positive I found the problem. "SD:\Update\f_core.dat" you said. Is that in the SYSTEM file? I just put it right on the card, the ROOT, I didn't up it into a folder called Update...

Lassik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that was actually an example of what NOT to do. You should be putting the F_CORE.DAT file just right on the card. Not in a folder. Putting it in an "Update" folder as I showed in the example would be the wrong thing to do.

Lassik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just do this.

-Format the SD card.
-Put the SYSTEM folder on the SD Card.
-Put the F_CORE.DAT file on the SD Card (NOT IN THE SYSTEM FOLDER OR ANY OTHER FOLDER)
-Put the card back in your M3i Zero.
-Plug the USB thingy in to it.
-Plug the USB in to the computer.
-Wait for the light to stop flashing.
-Done.

Make sure you have all the files you need. You should have the core update: http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php...CORE_v1.6.1.zip

And the system Folder which is your firmware: http://filetrip.net/f4374-M3-Sakura-TouchP...X-2nd-4-9X.html

Also... Don't forget to delete the F_CORE.DAT file once you're done because it's no longer needed.

Intelius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lassik said:
Just do this.

-Format the SD card.
-Put the F_CORE.DAT file on the SD Card (NOT IN THE SYSTEM FOLDER OR ANY OTHER FOLDER)
-Done.

Make sure you have all the files you need. You should have the core update: http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php...CORE_v1.6.1.zip

And the system Folder which is your firmware: http://filetrip.net/f4374-M3-Sakura-TouchP...X-2nd-4-9X.html

Also... Don't forget to delete the F_CORE.DAT file once you're done because it's no longer needed.

Couldn't do the second last step because it's a solid red. And I followed all your instructions, and two others tutorial video's instructions.

The only thing I'm suspicious about is the fact that I used the SD card before for another Sakura product but for the DS, and since I formatted it, I'm pretty sure that doesn't really matter. I know this should be super easy but for some reason, it isn't. :/
Any more suggestions?

Intelius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Intelius said:
Lassik said:
Just do this.

-Format the SD card.
-Done.

Couldn't do the second last step because it's a solid red. And I followed all your instructions, and two others tutorial video's instructions.

The only thing I'm suspicious about is the fact that I used the SD card before for another Sakura product but for the DS, and since I formatted it, I'm pretty sure that doesn't really matter. I know this should be super easy but for some reason, it isn't. :/
Any more suggestions?

Guess who just go it working? I DID! At first it was still a solid red light, but then it started blinking, and I hyperventalated a little bit.

Now I'm positive it'll work all fine because it's enabled and I'm just about to try it out.

To get it working I followed this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=180119
but instead of using Disk Utility, I used MiniTool Partititon Wizard Home Edition to format it.

I am so happy and excited to get playing (and it does work!) Thanks so much everybody!
Now I've added the game file and it's been enabled.
yaywii.gif

nepereiralage

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, guys, i just registered the site 15 mnts ago and my problem is solved already. I was also with the problem of the constant red light and watched already 10 or 15 videos all over the internet. So here is the deal: Windows 7, M3i Zero Card, micro sd card from sandisk 2Gb. I was suspicious already that i had bought a fake M3i Zero card, cause there was a odd thing about it: the slot for the thin cable wasn´t in the left side (watchin' it from the back), it is on the right side, below the slot for the micro sd. All the videos i've watched wasn't like this. Maybe this new ones are this way. So, what i did with windows 7, i formatted to Fat 32, not Fat 32(pre-definition). This way the light started to blink and it was done. Now, i will just serach for how to get the roms there and try it to see if everything went ok. Cheers, guys.

namdead

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG i think my hair is gunna fall out im so stressed
my sd card is formatted 32
i have the new m3i zero card gmp z003
i have succesfully updated the card using f core dat 1.6.1
and have put system folder on disc
it works and everything shows
try to play, and it shuts down and when i turn on my ds lite it says no cartridge
This has happend 3 times in total

so it works for all of 20 secs, then it doesnt. any ideas PLZ HELP ME
MY 8YR OLD BOY IS BUSTING MY BALLS BIG TIME

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too was struggling till I chose Fat32 as the format. I was using the Panasonic tool that was recommended, but all I saw was the lovely red nosed mod chip...

Used the XP format tool and chose fat32 and now it is golden. =)

That might be a nice addition to the front page.

Thanks for all the info!

Lunadarkheart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
venazard said:
Could someone help me? I've done everything in the tutorial, but I'm not getting any lights at all.

Thanks in Advance.
I'm having the same probelm
I plug it in to my computer and I also tried a wall adapter and it hasn't worked
There are no lights or anything

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Lunadarkheart said:
venazard said:
Could someone help me? I've done everything in the tutorial, but I'm not getting any lights at all.

Thanks in Advance.
I plug it in to my computer and I also tried a wall adapter and it hasn't worked
make sure that the cable is plug in the correct direction

zxcnv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lunadarkheart said:
venazard said:

Thanks in Advance.

I'm having the same problem, This is after I updated the DSi to version 1.4.1u. Which shouldn't mean anything because it doesn't need to be inside the DS to update itself.

My card stopped working after that update so I tried to update the firmware to version 1.7.2 did all the steps but no flashing light appeared. Is that the right version? It's the latest version the website has so if it's not please tell me.

My m3i zero card was working fine before that. Now it doesnt light up when I plug it in to the wall or any power source and I have tried both sides of the little usb plug thing. Do I possibly have a faulty cord? It worked the first time I got the card which was like a year ago and I haven't used the cord since I'm sure it can't just stop working after not being used more then once. Any help would be appreciated don't want to have to buy another card, thanks.

Bahamut2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, just one question, my DSi is version 1.4.5 and i am trying to update FCore to 4.5.0, but my DSi says that the card could not be found, what should i do?
When i flash FCore 4.1.0 the card is found but when i exxecute it its not working, but when flashing the FCore 4.5.0 its not recognised.
My DSi is 1.4.5E.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over