How to Enable M3i Zero - Quick Tutorial

Hi
just a quick video and step by step guide on how to enable the M3i Zero when you get it.

Enabling the M3i Zero

After following step 1, you can watch this video which will help you understand the process

1. Download this file Here
2. unzip it, and drag that 1 file (F_CORE.DAT, its the upgrade file), and 1 folder (SYSTEM, its the software the M3 real needs to run on) onto your micro sd card. Make sure the file and folder at in the "ROOT" of the micro sd card, the very top!
3. Put micro sd card into the M3i
4. Put the upgrade cable into the M3i (the shinny side, i.e. the side with the ARROW on it should be facing the BACK of the M3i!)
5. Plug the USB port into your PC, or anything that has a port that will give it power
6. The M3i should blink for about 15~20 seconds. After it stops blinking, your M3i is enabled
7. Unplug the upgrade cable from your PC and M3, and then put your M3i into your DS/DSi, and it should be working
8. You can now delete the file F_CORE.DAT from the micro sd card as it will no longer be needed (its only needed to flash your m3i once!)

The official website for downloads, files, etc --> http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html
The official guide on upgrading, including pictures --> http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Readme...ade_manual1.pdf

Xcist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Boom that was easy.
biggrin.gif

Thank you mate!

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iamjust said:
Is the firmware in the link the same one you can download from gbatemp?
Yep but it doesn't really matter, all the F_core.dat files are the same size and same bytes, after flashing just simply get any sakura version or firmware that you want.(you probably will never need to Re-flash it again unless nintendo comes out with a flashcard blocker.

gwrivest

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am a noob. I have followed everything in this guide a couple of times but my flashcard always remains a solid red when I get to the upgrade step, as though there were no SD card installed. What is the likelyhood of my having a faulty card? It does seem to be fairly cheaply made. I already broke the MicroSD card reader that came with it and I now need to insert my 1gb Micro SD card (maybe it will only detect SDHC?) into the SD card adapter and connect that to my Digital Camera to be able to read and write to it. Could the camera be the problem? I am really stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gwrivest

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to have troubled you all. I just retried again and this time it worked. I don't know what I did differently, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope it will keep working for a while. Thank you for this clear guide and video on how to set everything up.
gbasp.gif

venazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone help me? I've done everything in the tutorial, but I'm not getting any lights at all.

Thanks in Advance.

starfighter1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so say i just got it and did this....but my dsi is already 1.4 is the link updated so the fcore.dat will make it work with 1.4 or after flashing it one time do i need to flash it agian with the 1.4 fix?

mrlizard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starfighter1 said:
so say i just got it and did this....but my dsi is already 1.4 is the link updated so the fcore.dat will make it work with 1.4 or after flashing it one time do i need to flash it agian with the 1.4 fix?

That fcore.dat is the 1.4 fcore. It will work with the 1.4 DSi. Once you flash it with that, you won't have to flash it again.

Rev2k7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i just got my m3i i did everything u said except not formating i got all my games from my acekard2i, it gives me the red light , i have my sd card in i got no clue whats going on.

mymemorial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello ^^

it's me again, I don't know if someone remember my first post here...

well, I finally got a M3i
but the link in the first post doesn't seem to work
could someone PLEASE re-upload it again for me ? thanks in advance...

umm just a question :
with a new M3i, all I need is the foled "SYSTEM" from here : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89197
and the F_CORE.DAT file that was supposed to be in this thread ?

Did i got the things right or wrong ?

edit: it's ok, it's working, I found the fcore.dat somewhere else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over