Tutorial  Updated

How To edit Nintendogs +Cats saves.

These Steps will work on all Nintendogs Games. You can import saves from even from different versions (what we will be doing.

-------------------------------------------

What you need:
1. Homebrew

2. JKSM

3. A device that has Hexeditors. Even the 3DS will work. (HxD is recommended)

4. Time and Patience.

How to Get All Dogs

1. Start the game and save it.

2. Run JKSM and export the save.

3. Import the save to the other versions. (Like Toy Poodle.)

4. Run the game and save it.

5. Export the save again.

6. Import it to the 2nd version (like French Bulldog)

7. Repeat steps 4 and 5.

8. Restore the save to the original version

------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------
How To Get Robopup and All Items.

1. Export the save again.

2. Goto a hexeditor.

3. To get all the items 99 times change the offsets 000000B1 to 0000001FF, change it to 63. (This will get the Robopup unlocked to.)

11. Restore again

-------------------------------------------
How To Get lots More Money

1. Export save

2. Edit offset 000000A1 and 000000A2 to FF FF with a hex editor and save it.

Disclaimer for money: the true max is currently unknown.

If this seems like alot of work you can:
A) Send me your save.

B) Download the save from https://3DS.ridley.xyz

Hope this worked for you

Also yes. This is my guide from Reddit.

Last edited by HugaTheFox,
Reactions: Butterhands

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You should format it to make it look better

Like adding spoilers, pics for the people with little experience (not me, I know how to do this), that stuff.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@HugaTheFox - thanks for this, i was thinking about making a tutorial about how to program a save editor for youtube, and i'll use nintendogs as my example because it doesn't have a checksum :)

Reactions: HugaTheFox

Butterhands

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is a way to edit my dog? Is too stupid, I bought a preowned game and was present a silly female beagle, silly (me too) I leaved her and trained her (also 'cause I didn't have enough money to buy another dog), but she is very stupid and unable, I want to change it to another breed and maybe change her gender and personality if possible, I think is one of the more spiteful personality, I don't know what personality chose previous game owner, is not visible after the choice.

HugaTheFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a way to edit my dog? Is too stupid, I bought a preowned game and was present a silly female beagle, silly (me too) I leaved her and trained her (also 'cause I didn't have enough money to buy another dog), but she is very stupid and unable, I want to change it to another breed and maybe change her gender and personality if possible, I think is one of the more spiteful personality, I don't know what personality chose previous game owner, is not visible after the choice.
I don't think you can change that. The only way is to restart sorry. I could probably look around. But not for a little while. Have been inactive much in the 3DS community. Of course, I'll try to help you.

Reactions: Butterhands

Butterhands

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you but maybe is better left the idea, Nintendogs on the 3DS have another problems, my main 3DS (I don't know why) have the not-working cameras and try to access the obedience contests is impossible without focus the RA cards, in another 3DS I can't win 'cause the microphone is maybe different and mistake the orders, I should have to clear all the orders and retry to teach it again and my second 3DS have the top screen broken in the centre, is hard teach and train it with a broken screen, maybe is better left this game for me, 'cause Nintendo is strict to the game rules and also for it's console mistakes I can't win, why force the players to use the RA only to see the dog above the card? I don't know, I know only that for this I can't play the contests 'cause a lot of 3DS have been sold with cameras issues...

However you are a 3DS hacker? Maybe you could create a DS game patch in the 3DS for pokémon HG/SS to play some changes with the original game carts? I want to create an improved and faithful to G/S/C version of HG/SS, but I would prefer play it with the original retail games, is possible?

Last edited by Butterhands,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: test what?