How to dump GBC sav?

Jhyrachy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everybody!

Today i found my really old pokémon yellow cartridge and, like a miracle, the battery is still working and all my pokemon are still here!
Now i'm wondering if there is a way to dump the SAV to save it forever.

I have:
GameBoy Color
GameBoy Pocket
GameBoy Adance SP
GameBoy Micro
DsLite

EzFlash IV
R4
AceKard 2i

There is any way to do it?

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice, but 55$ is pretty expensive for a thing i'll use two times

You can't buy one anyway as their Paypal account has been suspended.

I have what's called a Monster Brain by datel that can backup Pokemon saves to its internal memory and I use it to change the batteries in Pokemon GB games without losing the save files.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice, but 55$ is pretty expensive for a thing i'll use two times
I can gladly back up your saves for you. Click on the link in my signature to be taken to my thread detailing how I do it! If you can't view my thread, just send me a PM and we'll go from there.

EDIT: 400th post!!!!

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I can gladly back up your saves for you. Click on the link in my signature to be taken to my thread detailing how I do it! If you can't view my thread, just send me a PM and we'll go from there.

The flag says they live in Italy so I don't think it'll be cost effective to mail their cartridge to Canada and back to Italy.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It will surely be cheaper than $55. Let him worry about the costs. He'll make a decision based on how much he values his save file(s).

I don't know about Italy or Canada but it usually costs me roughly $8 to ship something 3 oz or less in weight internationally and the tracking only tells me when it leaves the country so that's always kinda scary not knowing if your package actually arrived or not. Had packages get lost a few times.

Might have to seek out someone more local who can do it.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know about Italy or Canada but it usually costs me roughly $8 to ship something 3 oz or less in weight internationally and the tracking only tells me when it leaves the country so that's always kinda scary not knowing if your package actually arrived or not. Had packages get lost a few times.

Might have to seek out someone more local who can do it.
Dude it's alright, Jhyrachy will deal this. Don't work yourself up over this. :P

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How am I working myself up over anything? And please don't call me a dude. I know you want to push your save dumping service but the OP should try to look at every option available to them.
What is your problem? Why do you keep responding? Why do you insist the OP not use my service? O.o It's his decision. You don't have to decide for him.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
What is your problem? Why do you keep responding? Why do you insist the OP not use my service? O.o It's his decision. You don't have to decide for him.

I could ask you the same question. I never said the OP should not use your service, I was just listing the cons of such an arrangement.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why do you keep saying that? I'm doing nothing of the sort. You seem agitated that I'm not all for your option.

http://www.hkems.com/product/gb/gba-tr.htm

Here's something else OP might want to buy to backup their saves.

I'm pretty sure OP is aware of these methods (it's like the #1 search result, after all), and thought they are too costly, which is why they listed what they owned hoping they could backup their saves using what they already own.
That right there costs a good $25 plus shipping at LEAST. My method, with the shipping costs you kindly provided, would cost $16 + $2 per save.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure OP is aware of these methods (it's like the #1 search result, after all), and thought they are too costly, which is why they listed what they owned hoping they could backup their saves using what they already own.
That right there costs a good $25 plus shipping at LEAST. My method, with the shipping costs you kindly provided, would cost $16 + $2 per save.

If OP knows about linker hardware already than why would they ask if the hardware they already had was sufficient?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Datel-Mega-...d=1420266282&sr=8-1&keywords=mega+memory+card

Does anyone know if Amazon UK ships to Italy?

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If OP knows about linker hardware already than why would they ask if the hardware they already had was sufficient?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Datel-Mega-Memory/dp/B00004UBM5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420266282&sr=8-1&keywords=mega memory card

Does anyone know if Amazon UK ships to Italy?
Funny you ask that, I asked the same question on this forum not too long ago myself. Comparing knowing about linkers and knowing if their own hardware was capable doesn't make sense. I was aware of linkers but since I didn't want to spend $35 plus shipping for the one I found, I asked here to see if a method existed using things I already owned. Turns out there wasn't, so I bought a Mega Memory card for $35 locally (gas killed, though, making it cost closer to $50).

But yeah, if you insist on suggesting more expensive means compared to mine, feel free. Like I said, it's OP's decision. If they want a cheaper, more reliable way of getting their save backed up, I will gladly do it for them, eliminating the risk of them screwing something up and losing the save all the while being stuck with a useless linker.

Plus, the Mega Memory card you linked doesn't allow the transfer of the save file to a computer. My method does. :)

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Funny you ask that, I asked the same question on this forum not too long ago myself. Comparing knowing about linkers and knowing if their own hardware was capable doesn't make sense. I was aware of linkers but since I didn't want to spend $35 plus shipping for the one I found, I asked here to see if a method existed using things I already owned. Turns out there wasn't, so I bought a Mega Memory card for $35 locally (gas killed, though, making it cost closer to $50).

But yeah, if you insist on suggesting more expensive means compared to mine, feel free. Like I said, it's OP's decision. If they want a cheaper, more reliable way of getting their save backed up, I will gladly do it for them, eliminating the risk of them screwing something up and losing the save all the while being stuck with a useless linker.

Plus, the Mega Memory card you linked doesn't allow the transfer of the save file to a computer. My method does. :)

You forget the weeks it will be in transit via your method and depending on the cost of shipping it might cost just as much as buying linker hardware. Though it is desired by most OP didn't mention wanting a digital copy of their save file.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody!

Today i found my really old pokémon yellow cartridge and, like a miracle, the battery is still working and all my pokemon are still here!
Now i'm wondering if there is a way to dump the SAV to save it forever.

I have:
GameBoy Color
GameBoy Pocket
GameBoy Adance SP
GameBoy Micro
DsLite

EzFlash IV
R4
AceKard 2i

There is any way to do it?

Do you know anyone with a Nintendo 64?

http://micro-64.com/features/gbromdumping.shtml

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You forget the weeks it will be in transit via your method and depending on the cost of shipping it might cost just as much as buying linker hardware. Though it is desired by most OP didn't mention wanting a digital copy of their save file.

If they want a cheaper, more reliable way of getting their save backed up, I will gladly do it for them, eliminating the risk of them screwing something up and losing the save all the while being stuck with a useless linker.

In case you missed it:

eliminating the risk of them screwing something up and losing the save all the while being stuck with a useless linker.

Also, such devices still have a risk of losing data. Although extremely unlikely, the risk still exists. The only way to definitely back up a SAV file FOREVER, as OP asked, is by transferring to a computer. This allows you to copy it to a USB, the cloud, your phone, etc.

I hold my Pokemon Gold save file very close to my heart. When I backed up its SAV file I instantly copied it over to every USB I own (over 20), every SD card I own (over 20), my two external hard drives, all my Dropbox accounts, my two Mega accounts, my Google Drive, emailed to myself, all my devices with emulators (phone, Tablet, Wii, DS), and even sent it to three of my closest friends. If this isn't preserving it forever, I don't know what will XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night