Hacking How to dual boot Luma3ds and Corbenik?

DestructiveSword

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already installed luma3ds following 3ds.guide. I want to know how to add Corbenik to my 3ds. I did nothing to the bootloader. I would like to keep luma3ds on SysNAND and add Corbenik to my EmuNAND. I did not format either one. Someone please tell me how.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing i did was just copy the corbenik arm9loaderhax.bin to the luma payload folder, if you familiar with it, assign it to a button so when you boot the system it loads corbenik when holding the button. You can keep both luma as default and corbenik as sub and use either one at any time. :P

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I already installed luma3ds following 3ds.guide. I want to know how to add Corbenik to my 3ds. I did nothing to the bootloader. I would like to keep luma3ds on SysNAND and add Corbenik to my EmuNAND. I did not format either one. Someone please tell me how.
You have Luma as your primary CFW (have it as arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD), and have it chainload Corbenik/skeith when you hold a button on boot (have it as something like left_Corbenik.bin in your luma/payloads folder). You can then set up Corbenik to autoboot EmuNAND.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
http://gbatemp.net/threads/shadownand.431718/
I recommend doing this as you can easily rename corbenik a9lh.bin file to boot.bin, you will have to configure Luma updater to put a9lh.bin file for Luma as boot.bin in the homebrew/3ds folder you create though.
Don't use ShadowNAND. There's no reason to keep using it when Luma3DS can be copied the CTRNand
You can literally rename the Corbenik to a payload for Luma and launch it from Luma. Corbenik's payloads aren't tethered to it's launcher, so you can just rename the launcher with no hassle.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't use ShadowNAND. There's no reason to keep using it when Luma3DS can be copied the CTRNand
You can literally rename the Corbenik to a payload for Luma and launch it from Luma. Corbenik's payloads aren't tethered to it's launcher, so you can just rename the launcher with no hassle.
I use shadownand just because I can launch d9 with it if anything ever happens to one of my cfws and can't boot them anymore

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I use shadownand just because I can launch d9 with it if anything ever happens to one of my cfws and can't boot them anymore
You can do that with every single version of A9LH. Just rename the decrypt9 launcher to "arm9loaderhax.bin"

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
If 'anything happens' to one of your CFWs, you can just copy Decrypt9 as arm9loaderhax.bin and boot it directly. What if something happens to shadownand and you become unable to boot it?
Shadownand is a9lh v2 so if something happened to it then it would be the same as losing a9lh v1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.