Hardware How to drain a Joy-Con battery fast?

DarkOrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,

Today I bought two Nintendo Switch, one for 3.0.0 exploits and one for online gaming. I won't use the one for exploits several months, so I want to make sure, that I store it the best way. I charged the switch up to 75% (this is the perfect charge to store Li-Po batteries). The problem is: The charge of the Joy-Cons is 100%. It's not good to store Li-Po batteries at 100% for a long period of time, so I have to find a way to drain them to 75%. What would be the best and fastest way besides playing?

DarkOrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not being in gbatemp and play 1 2 switch
(because i do believe it uses a lot of the joycon stuff?)

I don't have 1-2 Switch. But I connected the two joy-cons to my other switch which can get an empty battery, started Mario Kart 8, local multiplayer, autodrive and autosteering on both players. Now it's doing its thing and I don't have to do anything. :)

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I don't have 1-2 Switch. But I connected the two joy-cons to my other switch which can get an empty battery, started Mario Kart 8, local multiplayer, autodrive and autosteering on both players. Now it's doing its thing and I don't have to do anything. :)
connect to pc, launch a vibrating program or rumble test thing, use it for "massage" it drains them very fast

also a very good way to preserve them:
sell them to get some money back
and get new ones when you get the switch out of storage later, very likely you get newer revisions with the broken stuff fixed, but you get a new fresh battery!

DarkOrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
connect to pc, launch a vibrating program or rumble test thing, use it for "massage" it drains them very fast

Hmm, I don't think this is good for the rumble motors or for the controllers at whole (maybe something will come loose inside after a long duration of vibration).

Reactions: migles

cybrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, the Switch will recharge the Joy Cons as long as they are attached and its own battery isn’t in the red. If you want to be certain to maximize their shelf life, leave them unattached. Wanna drain them? Pair them to your other Switch and play Mario Kart for a few rounds, then pair them back to the hacking Switch before storage so the one you play doesn’t inadvertently turn them on.

Last edited by cybrian,
Reactions: UltraArceus3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: He is now fishy.