OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
This is AK2i?
shell.JPG

This is the first type of AK2 and AK2i. It has a window in the shell.

Please notice the banner of the chip which AK2 and AK2i used. It called "Actel".
backshell1.JPG

This is the second type of AK2 and AK2i. There's no window in the shell anymore.
backshell2.JPG

Chip inside:
chip.JPG

We're selling this type of no window now.

The chip on PCB of two types of the AK2 and AK2i.
PCB_back.JPG

This is another side of PCB.
pcb_tf.JPG

AK2 and AK2i both use the chip of "SST" and it's 48 pins. Some batches of AK2 used other banners of 48 pins chips. But all AK2i use this "SST" 48 pins chip.

Conclusion: 1. The chip on the back of the PCB is "Actel" or little black glue circle. This is very important.

2. The chip on another side of PCB is a 48 pins chip of "SST". Some batches of AK2 used other banners of 48 pins chips. But they're all 48 pins.

3. Please refer to the 2 items above as the main symbol of real AK2 and AK2i because the package of retail had changed many times.

We offer one year warranty for real AK2 and AK2i. You can contact your reseller for a replacement for any issue of the real AK2 and AK2i. We do not guaranty any safe use of firmware on fake AK2 and AK2i, and on your DS or DSi. We won't offer one year warranty for fake ones in any case. Please pay attention when you're buying Acekard. Thanks

Reactions: Margen67

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Since when were there fake Acekards? I know there are Clones (R4i), but fakes? Not seen 'em.

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ ShatteredScreens- This is just for warranty/legal reason. There also trying to spread the word about the 1 year warranty.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
whatup777 said:
@ ShatteredScreens- This is just for warranty/legal reason. There also trying to spread the word about the 1 year warranty.

No. Look at the last few sentences...

QUOTE(acekard @ Jun 1 2009, 08:13 PM) We do not guaranty any safe use of firmware on fake AK2 and AK2i, and on your DS or DSi. We won't offer one year warranty for fake ones in any case. Please pay attention when you're buying Acekard. Thanks

I was asking about that, and why the hell would they use photos if they weren't trying to stop people buying fakes? What I was saying is that there are no fakes. And most people know about the 1 year warranty (if they can read).

Dumb ass.

geek_power

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got an acekard 2.1 from dealextreme.com, black PCB, with the black glue circle. It is exactly as on the pictures except that the "SST" chip is "AMIC" instead. Did I just get the first fake acekard? Or did they just ran out of SST chips and used some other brand for this batch? What do you think?

I would have liked to put pictures, but I'm not able to take some good ones with my crappy camera, sorry.

ganbattemp

Trophies
XP
Country
I just received a couple of AK2i from dx, but one of them is springless. Both HWID 81. What gives?
I suppose it is somewhat an improvement...
unsure.gif

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
geek_power said:
I got an acekard 2.1 from dealextreme.com, black PCB, with the black glue circle. It is exactly as on the pictures except that the "SST" chip is "AMIC" instead. Did I just get the first fake acekard? Or did they just ran out of SST chips and used some other brand for this batch? What do you think?

I would have liked to put pictures, but I'm not able to take some good ones with my crappy camera, sorry.

QUOTE(acekard @ Jun 1 2009, 03:13 PM) Some batches of AK2 used other banners of 48 pins chips. But all AK2i use this "SST" 48 pins chip.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i asked to have this thread stickied because of a recent influx of clone acekards. as you all know the r4i, r4 ultra, and a few others are acekard 2 hardware clones. what you might not know is that someone is putting legit acekard 2i stickers on these kits and reselling them. more than a few people have reported having these kits. right now a great way to tell if you have a clone is to run akaio 1.4.1 on your kit. the 1.4.1 firmware has an anti-clone routine which will block its execution on clones with an "unsupported device" error.

if you see this try the following:
run akaio 1.3
run the official firmware

if both work and akaio 1.4.1 does not, open your kit and take pictures after you verify that it is a clone.
take pictures of the "legit" ak2i sticker as well and any included boxes or packaging
submit those pictures (in an e-mail resolution/size) to [email protected]
include where you purchased the kit, who you bought it from, the web site, the e-mail address, etc.

let the team go after these cloners who are knocking off the ak2i.

-another world

slone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
More and more stores are selling fakes (stores who don't know they're selling fakes and those who KNOWS that they sell fakes) here in the Philippines (and some other asian countries for that matter).

ziv, who also bought a clone then replaced with a legit cart, got the idea of bringing your own micro sd preloaded with AKAIO (ver 1.4.1) with you if you are going to a store to buy a legit cart. Test the flash cart with your AKAIO loaded micro sd to see if it is a real one or a clone before leaving the store.

Thank goodness for AKAIO's anti-clone security to save you from further headaches on whether your cart is legit or not.

HisInfernalMajes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Acekard 2i a few month's back from consolesource.com. I'm pretty sure the website is as reliable as dealextreme.com, but I can't help but wonder why the shell feels so fragile. It feels like it could break in half (more like fall, break from the seams). Is there anything that says that a fragile Acekard is a fake Acekard?

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if my Acekard 2i has the little window thing on the back around the Micro SD card slot its fake? I'm confused. lol.

Amer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Just try to launch the repack of akaio 1.4.1, if it says "unsupported device", then yes, you've got a clone.

link8822

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm concerned that I have a fake acekard and was wondering how do you open it up to see the chip inside? I got it recently so there's no window but the acekard box was flattened out & "self assembly" similar to a bootleg gba game I got once. I also noticed that the micro SD card adapter that came with it, did not always work properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.