Gaming How To Delete 'Prof Layton Vs Phoenix Wright' Save?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My girlfriend ordered the game on eBay and when it came it has a save file already on it (obviously...)

I've been through the electronic manual from the home menu, been on the save section but it says nothing about deleting! I've searched all over google for an answer too, but I've not managed to find anything that can tell us how to :S

There must be a way! Right...?

D

Deleted User

as far as i know the professor layton series never had an option to delete the save... easiest way would be to corrupt it by ejecting the game while saving (maybe that helps? not sure to be honest o.o)

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read the manual of every game, if you hold down A+B+X+Y+L+R right after booting the game, you will be prompted if you want to delete all the save data.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you read the manual of every game, if you hold down A+B+X+Y+L+R right after booting the game, you will be prompted if you want to delete all the save data.

Just tried that on Prof. Layton and the Miracle mask (Not the same game though) and it didn't work.

Another Solution is to just start a new game and overwrite the old save data with your new progress.
That's what i did with my "Prof. Layton and the Curious village" cassette

--EDIT--

A quick google regarding you issue comes back with results about corrupting the save data.
But there was a risk were the game later wouldn't either load or save a new game.

Just start a new game.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried that on Prof. Layton and the Miracle mask (Not the same game though) and it didn't work.

Another Solution is to just start a new game and overwrite the old save data with your new progress.
That's what i did with my "Prof. Layton and the Curios village" cassette.

Weird then...if you look through the manual there is usually a chapter about deleting save data.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Weird then...if you look through the manual there is usually a chapter about deleting save data.

I actually dug up the manual now, It's very thin and it doesn't address anything about deleting or clearing game data.
Maybe they skipped implementing that function.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually dug up the manual now, It's very thin and it doesn't address anything about deleting or clearing game data.
Maybe they skipped implementing that function.

Have you tried looking through the digital one for the game via the 3DS itself? I guess some games don't support that function which is kind of strange.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
as far as i know the professor layton series never had an option to delete the save... easiest way would be to corrupt it by ejecting the game while saving (maybe that helps? not sure to be honest o.o)

One of the weirder games is PAL pokemon ranger shadows of almia.
For whatever reason it permanently locks in the text language when first run, without telling you.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I accidentally saved my game into the wrong file and now I have a duplicate I can't erase without wiping my completed save too.

Frowny face.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I thought that first, I didn't come in blindly from this :P Googled etc but yeah sae corruption was a common answer, she's just got to the first save point and yes, you can actually overwrite the save when it asks so all is good! :)

There was actually a really big complaint with Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D not having a deletable save file either.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ca...mercenaries-3d-save-system-flap/1100-6321800/

Yeah I remember this quite well actually! Wasn't there some kind of software that enabled people to delete it in the end, sure I saw it here on GBATemp.
Funny, the electronic one had even less pages.

I can't access the any from the game though, unless i have forgotten how to find it.

For the electronic manual of any 3DS game, just press the home menu and it's the centre option on the bottom of the touch screen :) (unless that's not what you're talking about :P)

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
For the electronic manual of any 3DS game, just press the home menu and it's the centre option on the bottom of the touch screen :) (unless that's not what you're talking about :P)

Yeah, that's what i remembered from other games but this one didn't have it.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow! That's so weird… I thought all 3DS games had an electronic manual like that :S

Much like Brian117 said actually about the save deletion method, there should be universal options for all games hahaha!

Sicklyboy, seems like a lot of effort tbh! Does that work for 3DS games? Besides it's alright now we just overwrote it with the new game file :)

Blagard

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a copy on Ebay for my wife.

You cannot delete the old save games - only overwrite them.

However, it is possible to reset the save data so you get back to 3 empty slots. - I downloaded the ".sav" file to my PC with a Save Dongle an then changed a few characters in the file (After creating a backup!). I reloaded the save file back to the card and when the game started it gave a message "Resetting save data" and that was it, back to three empty slots.

My wife has just started to play it and all is working fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all