Hacking [HOW-TO] Convert psVita/psTV cex to semi debug (rex) (NEW)

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cuz hes using files made for this, but it shouldnt lag or something.., when we talked this morning it worked teh same :hmm:
Also boot parameters are useless, we are just using dex devkit settings, hes using testkit settings
I see, I also noticed that you guys omitted activation from a file or PC. If boot parameters are useless.. does that mean that pstv mode won't work? Borderlands has specific pstv controls I'd like to try to use. :P

Last edited by ishygdaft,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I used to do some dev on test consoles, are you saying with this I can use my normal vita and do usb debugging in vs studio like I used to?

And we can install pkgs from the vita file system itself, without needing (q)cma?

Thanks for the work guys.

modz2014

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There could be a lot of other reason as well behind but let's not worry to much about it tho

Let's get back to work team and let others
Enjoy and activation I wasn't there when that was done I was doing my mac stuff hahaha

Oh btw I have to wait every 3mins to reply on this post is coz I just signed up or what's the go

SKGleba

O ja pierdole!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see, I also noticed that you guys omitted activation from a file or PC. If boot parameters are useless.. does that mean that pstv mode won't work? Borderlands has specific pstv controls I'd like to try to use. :P
No , its not possible (at least for now) also its not a devkit only options?
I used to do some dev on test consoles, are you saying with this I can use my normal vita and do usb debugging in vs studio like I used to?

And we can install pkgs from the vita file system itself, without needing (q)cma?

Thanks for the work guys.
1) didnt tried, need to check
2) No , (unless some tricks i dk about)

Reactions: ishygdaft and cearp

ishygdaft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my curiosity is sated. Thanks for the Q&A. I'll be looking forward to any future work you guys put out.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not run PS TV mode!, It requires a connection to a host PC to sync a DS4 or DS3, Your retails can not connect to the SDK tools to do it so you will be stuck unable to select anything as the touch screen and controls will no longer work!!!!

This is the case on a real PDEL at least and since iirc this release uses my files it should in theory be true here as well.

Reactions: ishygdaft

ishygdaft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not run PS TV mode!, It requires a connection to a host PC to sync a DS4 or DS3, Your retails can not connect to the SDK tools to do it so you will be stuck unable to select anything as the touch screen and controls will no longer work!!!!

This is the case on a real PDEL at least and since iirc this release uses my files it should in theory be true here as well.
Oh dang, glad I didn't test that myself.

Last edited by ishygdaft,

SKGleba

O ja pierdole!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

No, it will reboot but the mode wont be checked/started

Reactions: ishygdaft and fate6

modz2014

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

What are you talking about please explain coz to me I have it on my vita right now

SKGleba

O ja pierdole!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All is well then! no softbricks for us boiz!
So fun little fact but the DS4 sync is an app on the kit itself but there is no way to run it without the Vita Neighborhood from the SDK.
And what happens if i set psTV emulation on retail psTV with this mod 0_0

Reactions: ishygdaft

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about please explain coz to me I have it on my vita right now

On a real Devkit the PS TV mode causes the kit to reboot into a PSTV, this includes its lack of controls so you need to sync a controller to it using the SDK tools.
On your retail systems you can't do that since you can't connect to those tools to do the sync and without any way to uncheck that PSTV mode you will be stuck.

Turned out someone already tried it and it doesn't work anyway so you're fine.

And what happens if i set psTV emulation on retail psTV with this mod 0_0

apparently nothing, your Vita will just reboot and fail to enable it.

Akrosmex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What does it do exactly?

Do you actually benefit from Fake PS Plus or is it just visual? Same question applies for the Fake Trophy earning feature.

Neither the less, I'm really impressed by the project, well done!

SKGleba

O ja pierdole!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What does it do exactly?

Do you actually benefit from Fake PS Plus or is it just visual? Same question applies for the Fake Trophy earning feature.

Neither the less, I'm really impressed by the project, well done!
For now no psn access/download so...
But fake trophy..tbh didnt tried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr