Hacking How to Convert Newer Super Mario Bros save, from riivolution to data management??

Leo Alves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Months ago i played the hack Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii using my copy of NSMB and Riivolution, know i made an iso using my retail copy and the Newer Files, but playing then from Usb Loaders saves on the Data Management

the saves made from Riivolution are on the folder: sd:\save\SMNE and two files:
banner.bin
NerSMBW.sav

I believe banner.bin is the icon show on data management and newsmbw.save is the progress on the game, right?

How can i merge those two files to create a data.bin structure to move it to Data Management ?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would start Newer SMBW and create a save file with the USB loader version. Then extract the save file with Save Game Manager GX. Then replace the extracted banner.bin and NerSMBW.sav with the files you already copied from sd:\save\SMNE.

Reactions: Leo Alves

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Months ago i played the hack Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii using my copy of NSMB and Riivolution, know i made an iso using my retail copy and the Newer Files, but playing then from Usb Loaders saves on the Data Management

the saves made from Riivolution are on the folder: sd:\save\SMNE and two files:
banner.bin
NerSMBW.sav

I believe banner.bin is the icon show on data management and newsmbw.save is the progress on the game, right?

How can i merge those two files to create a data.bin structure to move it to Data Management ?
Well, what I did when I switched from an ISO that used KMNP01 to one that used SMNP03 as the ID, was to simply import my NSMB save as well as my Newer SMB save into Dolphin, which put both .sav files in decrypted form into the same directory, then I simply right clicked either NSMB or Newer SMB in dolphin and exported the save again, then I imported it onto the Wii.

In your case if you already have a NSMB save you don't want to lose you can first import the NSMB save into Dolphin, then find the right save directory under the Dolphin folder, and place the NerSMBW.sav in there. Then, export the save from Dolphin and import it on your Wii. If you don't have a NSMB save you can simply create a new one in Dolphin, then insert the NerSMBW.sav into the correct folder and export the save.
I found this to be the easiest method without too much fiddling around but Savegame Manager GX can also export and import save files in a decrypted format, I think, so that may be even easier.

Reactions: Leo Alves

Muffia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used Save Game Manager GX and it worked perfectly

I know this thread is old... but can anyone provide step-by-step instructions to make it work for dummies like me?

I'm using USB Loader GX to run the Newer ISO (WBFS, actually), and with Save Game Manager GX, I have not found a way to transfer and import my Riivolution savefiles for ISO game use (I thought moving a Save Game copy to "SD:\private\wii\title\KMNP" might work, but it didn't, at least not the way I tried).

What I need is:
• to convert both "banner.bin" and "NerSMBW.sav" (from "SD:\save\SMNE") to something the ISO game will be able to load ("data.bin" or else");
• to find the applicable directory where the savefile(s) must be copied for USB Loader GX to recognize it;
• to know if there is any other step (or app) required that a Homebrew newbie might be unaware of, so that both USB Loader GX and the actual ISO game will consider the savefile(s) as their own.

I am obviously a newbie myself in Homebrew stuff, so I don't know everything that might be obvious to you all. For instance, just being able to load an ISO game took me a while... first of all because I did not even have a cIOS installed! It went faster to find a patcher and make my own WBFS copy of Newer (avoiding the need to use my buggy Mario Wii original disk), but the savegame transfer is the next big step!

AileenLumina

Python main, software engineer and API designer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know this thread is old... but can anyone provide step-by-step instructions to make it work for dummies like me?

I'm using USB Loader GX to run the Newer ISO (WBFS, actually), and with Save Game Manager GX, I have not found a way to transfer and import my Riivolution savefiles for ISO game use (I thought moving a Save Game copy to "SD:\private\wii\title\KMNP" might work, but it didn't, at least not the way I tried).

What I need is:
• to convert both "banner.bin" and "NerSMBW.sav" (from "SD:\save\SMNE") to something the ISO game will be able to load ("data.bin" or else");
• to find the applicable directory where the savefile(s) must be copied for USB Loader GX to recognize it;
• to know if there is any other step (or app) required that a Homebrew newbie might be unaware of, so that both USB Loader GX and the actual ISO game will consider the savefile(s) as their own.

I am obviously a newbie myself in Homebrew stuff, so I don't know everything that might be obvious to you all. For instance, just being able to load an ISO game took me a while... first of all because I did not even have a cIOS installed! It went faster to find a patcher and make my own WBFS copy of Newer (avoiding the need to use my buggy Mario Wii original disk), but the savegame transfer is the next big step!
I second this, I can't find any instructions about this ANYWHERE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte