Homebrew How to convert my R4 saves to No$GBA OR DeSmuME?

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My DS' touch screen was in a precarious situation, so i couldn't finish some games. but then it hit me:If i can emulate wii games in pc with little problems, DS games shouldn't be hard!

They worked nicely. But i couldn't get my save to work. i searched for a while, but everything didn't work. I eventually finished the games on my newly-bought 3DS, my DS soon broke down almost completely. But i stopped using the R4 for a while thanks to Kid Icarus, and when i returned, nintendo already had blocked it. boo...

Well, so emulating is my only option again.

I don't remember everything i've tried, but here's a few things:

Using a certain site to convert sav to ...sgm, was it? well, i did that and used the ''import memory'' option on DesmuME, didn't work.

just rewriting the termination...My saves don't end with .sav, they just have the same name as the rom. it didn't work.

some packs from the webz. i couldn't get any of them to recognize the newly converted save...besides one that somehow was completely fresh.

and that's all i remember. i spent 3 days trying to make it work before i gave up that time, now i'm begging yo to help me.

if it's of any relevance, i'm using Castlevania order of Ecclesia to Test.Are there different methods for different games?i can list mother games if that's the case.

Thanks!

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
For No$GBA, you have to use Shuny's online save converter.
For DeSmuME, you can select Import Battery IIRC. If not, load up the save on DeSmuME Wii (if you can), and it'll automatically convert the save to DeSmuME's format.

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i tried using shunny's converter, but ''data loading failed'' (this happens in the game, not the emulator).
i tried all the 3 .sav option ---> No$GBA sav option.

i put it in the BATTERY folder

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i really don't know what do you mean by real time saves. i am trying to use my sav. files from my r4 to work on either DS emulator, preferably No$GBA,
you know the file that appears when you first play a game in the r4? that's the little fella i'm trying to get to work in my PC.

prectorian

Chef Kirby
Trophies
XP
Country
Vanuatu
If it's a save file from your R4, then use an "offline save file convertor" (program can be found in filetrip). Choose source: R4, target: DeSmuMe - 512Kb. Put the converted save file in BATTERY folder. Then make sure both rom and save file are using exact same name.

PS: Make sure to keep a back up copy of your original save file for safety.

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
prectorian, gonna try that later.
is there a way to make it work in NO$GBA, though? the lack of full screen play is unsettling...

Rydian, my OS is in portuguese,, so it's very likely that a screenshot wont help. what exaclty do you need to know?

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
let's try this...hopefully i can translate everything

name:Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia.NDS
SAV file (.sav)
size: 8,00 KB (8.192 bytes)

this is all the relevant info i found, but perhaps you need something else?

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
grabbing the file that worked in my r4?

there are two sav. files for every game in my folder. i brought castlevania to a separate folder and tested both files separately and the one i posted was the one that had my save.
but, okay. i'll try to convert the other one...but i have school projects, and this will have to hait a few hours. thanks for the fast reply, though... 0_0

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK! i found the file. it's 512 KB.

that online converter didn't work. i set the
source to R4 and target to No$GBA.

it still gives the same in-game error.

That offline converter, well. i didn't find a No$GBA option, i dunno what to put as the target format, but source should be r4 right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse