Hardware How to connect an Xbox 360 to live with a laptop

xXxSwagnemitexXx

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
don't know then. I thought u couldn't find the driver for your device.
No, just, my xbox doesn't show up in the NCPA.CPL screen so I can't bridge them, and when I click properties for my wifi in NCPA the sharing tab isn't there because I don't have 2 connections

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I THINK I KNOW WHY IT WONT WORK, I DON'T HAVE THE ETHERNET DRIVERS IN DEVICE MANAGER

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just, my xbox doesn't show up in the NCPA.CPL screen so I can't bridge them, and when I click properties for my wifi in NCPA the sharing tab isn't there because I don't have 2 connections

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I THINK I KNOW WHY IT WONT WORK, I DON'T HAVE THE ETHERNET DRIVERS IN DEVICE MANAGER

that's what I thought u were missing.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, if I understand what u were trying to do correctly, u were trying to plug the xbox 360 in via ethernet to your computer, then using the computer's wifi connection to the router by bridging both connections in network settings? this is also a good way to transfer content at lightning speed from the internal hdd for either the 360 or the ps3 (especially the ps3!). btw, I think there's a wifi adapter for systems that old. I've never used it though, so I don't know how well it works. I have my 360 plugged directly into my router since it's right next to it. :P

xXxSwagnemitexXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, if I understand what u were trying to do correctly, u were trying to plug the xbox 360 in via ethernet to your computer, then using the computer's wifi connection to the router by bridging both connections in network settings? this is also a good way to transfer content at lightning speed from the internal hdd for either the 360 or the ps3 (especially the ps3!). btw, I think there's a wifi adapter for systems that old. I've never used it though, so I don't know how well it works. I have my 360 plugged directly into my router since it's right next to it. :P
Sorry for not being clear enough lol
I can't be bothered to buy the adaptor
And my 360 is in my bedroom instead of downstairs where the router is lol

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not being clear enough lol
I can't be bothered to buy the adaptor
And my 360 is in my bedroom instead of downstairs where the router is lol

glad u got it working. if u ever jtag and rgh the machine, u can use the same setup to backup the internal hdds files. using those third-party apps to make an image of the drive often fail if it's over 500GBs.

xXxSwagnemitexXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
glad u got it working. if u ever jtag and rgh the machine, u can use the same setup to backup the internal hdds files. using those third-party apps to make an image of the drive often fail if it's over 500GBs.
Nice, thanks for letting me know, I am running out of room on my HDD so I was going to move my games over to a new one but I didn't know

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using a transfer cable is the best way on ofw. with larger drives, I can't recall if that works at all. I backed up my hdd via an ethernet cable though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, to jtag, u need a system that's a phat on dash kernel 7371 or below to be exploitable. most hdmi (HANA chip) systems can be rgh'd though. that includes slims.

Last edited by godreborn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.