How to Check Minimum Firmware Version

Howdy GBATemp.

Recently (in fact a few minutes ago as I'm writing this) I've come across a need to find out the lowest possible firmware version my Refurbished PS3 could go. Well, while googling around and searching through the PS3-hax forums I managed to find a firmware checker utility that I feel may be of use to other members here on GBATemp for various reasons. As always, I take no credit for this, the source of this utility (or at least as far as I can tell) can be found HERE.

What you'll need:
Minimum Version Checker
A USB Flash Drive
PS3
PC
WinRar

Instructions:
Step 1: Download the MinVerChk.rar (from the link provided above) and extract the .pup file using WinRar.
Step 2: Put the PS3UPDAT.PUP onto the USB Flash Drive in the PS3/UPDATE/ folder.
Step 3: Power on your PS3 and navigate to the "System Update" option in the settings
Step 4: Choose "Update Via Media Storage"
Step 5: Let the PS3 search for the update, once it's found it it will ask you if you'd like to run it. Hit "OK"
Step 6: It should only take a few seconds, a message will pop up telling you what the lowest version firmware your PS3 can use!
Step 5: Congratulations! You're done!

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be quite helpful for my downgrading thread. I'll have people run this, and get back to me with the results. Thanks.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't plan on downgrading and using CFW on my Phat 80GB since I plan on going online and using PSN+, but JUST for poops and giggles, I'll use it. :P

It's actually pretty neat, because I'm curious. My old PSP could go down to 1.00... or was it 1.50...? I don't remember. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol