Tutorial  Updated

How to Activate and share Dev Mode on Xbox One (Up to 3 Devices)

Prerequesites - Xbox One (Any Model), $19.99, (One Time Fee for dev account) PC

I've gotten several requests to do this tutorial so today I am going to show you not only how to activate developer mode on your Xbox One but in addition I will show you how you can share it across two other Xbox Ones as well.

wnCVvgD.jpg

[1.] Go to the Xbox One store and search for Dev Mode Activation. Once you find it download it.

activation-store-search.png

[2.] Once finished go to my games and apps and select "Dev Mode Activation"

activation-step-3.png

[3.] Take special note of the code that is displayed

activation-step-5.png

[4.] Go to http://aka.ms/activatexbox and enter the code displayed when prompted.

Note - If you do not already have a developer account you must purchase one now. You can do that here https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/store/register
It's only $19.99 and it's a one time fee. You are able to activate up to three Xbox One consoles.

activation-step-8.png

[5.] After entering the code click "Agree and Activate". You Xbox One will now display a progress screen for a bit wait for it to finish. Once Activation is finished you will now go to your Dev Mode Activation app and click "Switch and Restart"

activation-step-12.png

Congratulations, Your Xbox One will now restart into Developer Mode :yay:

In order to add more Xbox One devices just download the "Dev Mode activation app" on that console and then when you are activating you will log to your developer account and navigate to dashboard --> Settings and under Devices click "Xbox One development Consoles". It will look like this

nJmKl04.png

From there just enter your activation code displayed on the Xbox One and this Xbox One will be activated along with any additional ones you would like to activate. Like i said you get a total of 3 activations per account so if you have family members or friends who want Emulators or homebrew on their Xbox One then it's a great deal for them too.

Any time you wish to go back to retail mode just navigate to Dev Home and select "Leave Developer Mode". When you are leaving Dev Mode you will always be asked if you want to delete sideloaded apps. Make sure and deselect the checkbox so you can keep all of your homebrew. Also alot of people have the common misconception that Developer Mode will erase their retail games or apps. I'm here to tell you that's complete Bullshit. All of your retail games and apps will be unaffected.

activation-step-13.png

I hope I have been thorough enough in detailing all of the steps one needs to take. If you have any questions let me know.

Enjoy :D

Last edited by wiired24,

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
your fine im just kinda mad that a 3 guy came in here after i asked second and got served b4 me
welp, if you are fast you get served, sorry dud

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow. Right now I'm sitting in class and I'm literally surrounded by computers. Everyone has an iPad and the room is lined with Windows pcs
Lucky, only my local highschool has pc's

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your fine im just kinda mad that a 3 guy came in here after i asked second and got served b4 me
I'm really sorry, but too late now. :wink:

welp, if you are fast you get served, sorry dud

Lucky, only my local highschool has pc's
Yeah, and next year they're replacing our iPads with chrome books. Yeah, we got da moneyz:rofl:

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fine i'll asked again just so people dont have to go back and read my post

anyone that can share a dev center account activation please let me have one

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been trying for the past hour now to circumvent the $19 fee using both of my parents school emails, as well as my old email from when I went to the same college. The dev center isnt having it for some reason.

Keeps asking me to sign in to an ID I want to register with, but when I use any of them it still says no. Using any other Microsoft accounts brings up the standard payment screen. I dont understand what im doing wrong, or if my old school is fucking me once again... considering they use 2 different emailing systems that redirect to each other for some dumb ass reason. /rant

Anyway, I know its been begged before... but if any kind souls get this working and have any empty slots, please PM me and help a brother out. Prettttttty please.

Last edited by nickwhit,
Reactions: wiired24

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been trying for the past hour now to circumvent the $19 fee using both of my parents school emails, as well as my old email from when I went to the same college. The dev center isnt having it for some reason.

Keeps asking me to sign in to an ID I want to register with, but when I use any of them it still says no. Using any other Microsoft accounts brings up the standard payment screen. I dont understand what im doing wrong, or if my old school is fucking me once again... considering they use 2 different emailing systems that redirect to each other for some dumb ass reason. /rant

Anyway, I know its been begged before... but if any kind souls get this working and have any empty slots, please PM me and help a brother out. Prettttttty please.
sadly i dont have any slots left, but ill tell you that it must not work becuase its not just a school email, its an email that is registered with microsoft. for whatever reason mine was which was how i got in

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you people begging for someones dev account? We have no obligation to share with people here. I have two free slots, but I refuse to let anyone who isn't myself use the account. I mean, why would anyone let some random person use an account they paid for with the high risk of them changing the password and login email? Besides, you're not missing anything that important. The emulators aren't the best, any pc with a dual or quad core cpu and a decent graphics card could run any gba, nes, snes, n64, ps1/ps2, and some other old school emulators with no issues.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you people begging for someones dev account? We have no obligation to share with people here. I have two free slots, but I refuse to let anyone who isn't myself use the account. I mean, why would anyone let some random person use an account they paid for with the high risk of them changing the password and login email? Besides, you're not missing anything that important. The emulators aren't the best, any pc with a dual or quad core cpu and a decent graphics card could run any gba, nes, snes, n64, ps1/ps2, and some other old school emulators with no issues.
It's not sharing an account, it's just allowing others XBoners to enter Dev mode using your account. They have no access to your password or any sensitive info

Reactions: Aerocool

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I got my account with ms imagine so I didn't even pay, and even if my account got hacked I have like 4 friends who would let me use their email to make another account

zerodevide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If someone is here to give me some attention:
I would like to test the developer mode and would be very happy,if someone have a slot for me :-)
i will not have it for free, i could give away all steam keys from the mumbo jumbo mega bundle.
its not worth a lot of money, its just a present, for the kindness of someone

thanks for your attention

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Video games are not an important matter in any sense lol. But they are fun.. and just knowing my Xbox One can play certain emulated platforms (at least decently) is cool to me. Something Id like to experience firsthand.. and something I know my friends/family would also appreciate.

No sense in being negative about it. If you wanna keep your slots to yourself, thats more than fine, obviously. If I get desperate enough I may drop the $20.. I was just upset none of my student emails were any help.. and once I heard you get more than one slot, figured itd be worth a shot asking the community here.

Reactions: wiired24

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands