How old is to old

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Game Dragon, Dec 31, 2012.

Dec 31, 2012

How old is to old by Game Dragon at 11:48 AM (1,113 Views / 2 Likes) 31 Comments

Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    One things for sure, I'm going to continue being an avid gamer when I'm some kids grandpa :lol:

slingblade1170 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Dead is too old my friend!
    • Global Moderator

Bortz No film in this camera

Message Count:
    United States
    Dont stop, dont look back, play till youre dead.
    • Global Moderator

Sicklyboy Not Falco

Message Count:
    United States
    If it makes you happy or you get enjoyment from it, then keep on it!

I wish my dad, who is 45, still played games with me, we used to play Sonic back in the day on the Genesis, when I was about 8 or 9 (I'm almost 21 now). All he does is a few games on his Android phone now XD

Psionic Roshambo New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    When I am 65, (I'm over half way there now.)

I plan on playing what ever is out at the time.

Interesting to wonder about what kind of systems will be out at that time, supposedly we are in the 8th generation of consoles now with the Wii-U. So about 8 more generations to go before I hit 65... I can only imagine what kind of system will make the Wii-U look like the Atari 2600 in terms of graphics....
    • Global Moderator

Depravo Behold superiority!

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    My answer in the form of a crudely drawn flow chart.

[IMG]

Arm73 New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    Well, from my personal experience ( I'm almost 40 ), as you get older you sort of lose interest / endurance.
    I mean these days I get bored pretty easily.
    Oddly enough, I probably spend more time reading about video games on forums and magazines ten actually playing them.
    Like I said, either I'm hard to please ( it might be the pirate syndrome as well mind you ) or after a little more then an hour playing I get headache and too tired to go on.
    But then I find gems like Dishonored or Batman AC and I get all excited about it and the experience is so deep that I actually really enjoy it and can play for 3 - 4 hours straight........Or sometime I plug in my Xarcade joystick and start playing old arcade games till I beat them...
    I also noticed that if I'm not serious about gaming ( not playing much ) I get tired very easily, but if I dedicate myself to it every day, then I can play decently again..

So in the end two things matters: Find content that you enjoy, and don't give up easily, start by doing short gaming sessions, then rest a little and give it another try.
    You'll get better eventually !

I wish you happy gaming for years to come, you must have plenty of time now so don't give up, if you enjoy it, don't let anybody's judgement bother you, they are probably the old ones while you stayed young at heart ;) !

SixSenseEagle Guest

Warning level ():
    The Pros: It doesn't matter how old u are, if its satisfying play it, there is no age limit to playing any type of game/console. My grandmother is 56, and she still plays the the Wii :D.

The Cons: None
    Last edited by SixSenseEagle, Jan 6, 2013

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Message Count:

Arm73 New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    Also I wanted to add, that to me , gaming is just another form of entertainment, just like watching TV , reading books / magazines / crosswords etc. etc...

But if I could, I'd rather spend my extra time playing video games instead of watching TV for example, as by watching TV your brain stays in a sort of ' passive ' mode in which you just sit there and assimilate until numb, while video games at least stimulate your logic ( in some cases ) and reflexes ( in others ) or both, while still managing to entertain you with a good story ( sometimes ;) )....

So I'll take gaming any day, regardless of your age.
    And as we get older, it's even more important to keep our brain active as much as we can.
    I feel sorry for those people sitting around all day just watching TV, with all due respect , what's the difference between that, and being a vegetable ?? ;)
    • Global Moderator

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Message Count:
    France
    When did you start playing video games?
    Is it something you discovered recently with actual consoles, (Snes and newer), or Did you already play in 1980/1970 (or even before) and on which devices?

I'm happy to be an "old" one, who could start on older consoles and computer (I started on a MO5 in early 80), and I could follow the evolution of the technology. I could test a lot of things and understand better how it's working. Seeing an old game now I see it with the eyes of a retro gamer, I don't see ugly graphics or controls, but compare it to it's own technologie (kind of nostalgic :p)
    • Newcomer

phia New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    you are never be to old for playing games

SPONSORED LINKS