How often you complete games at 100%?

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Be it unlocking all secrets, hidden paths, routes, items, weapons, levels, characters, etc. there's always a game that a gamer is very proud of, or is just the most loved by that one, either way, completing a game fully takes a lot of effort (or not) depending on the game, many people consider that once you finished a game regardless of how much you've seen or unlocked about the game is the way to go, and I think that's okay, but what if said game is someone's else favorite? and since this game is someone's else favorite then he or she wants to complete it fully? without leaving anything behind?

Honestly speaking, I believe completing a game fully takes a lot of effort, collect-a-thon platformers are just a no go for me, Jak & Daxter has its good fair amount of secrets and stuff to explore, and I can't fathom to beat it fully without a well written walkthrough, if it's a game like Super Mario Galaxy however, I think the process is much quicker and overall less painful compared to those, since it is more of a "play the same levels but harder" to complete it, and despite not completing the full game as Luigi, I did however completed it fully with Mario alone so I think that's my proudest gamer achievement? who knows

RPG's...oh boy, they are scary, and the thought of completing them at 100% is even more, you have to know what items are located at specific zones, which enemies spawn around specific zones, which bosses or secret bosses are plot activated, etc. Just to make sure, that you didn't leave anything behind, Suikoden for example, is a series in which you can recruit 108 "stars" or characters, yeah, you heard me right, 108 playable characters, the concept even appears with spinoffs like Suikoden Tierkreis, the thought of completing game while trying to recruit all characters is just a taxing one, but sometimes, you may not even achieve a true ending if you don't recruit them all! so good endings are behind those requirements

There are many more game genders to talk about, and each person has his/her own way to beat a game fully, while I have the mindset of "Do not beat it fully 100% unless you're in total love with it, and you bother to pull some effort" I don't think that's the case for someone's else, let us know in this thread

Reactions: EpicMedz

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many games that I remember playing but the only one that I remember finding "everything" in is Super Mario World on the SNES. That took me most of my childhood (remember it is before the internet was really a thing so the only way to get info was word of mouth).

The only other one I can think of coming close is Sonic the Hedgehog 2. After that I got a job and started having kids so I never had time to fully "complete" a game.

I guess this post really gives away my age.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If I have time and requirements for trophies/achievements are not ridiculous like beat this and that on your fifth playthrough (you know who you are, Zesitiria), then I at least attempt 100% completion.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confession, I still can't 100% metroid. Where the hell is those 3% missles at? Who needs that man missles? 250? FOR WHAT? 250 missles, 50 super missles 50 Power bombs and 14 energy tanks + 4 reserve tanks. I DON'T NEED THAT MANY, I CAN GET GUD! :wtf:

Don't get me started on metroid nes and metroid 2 gameboy OR METROID FUSION O_O

Seem like metroid other m and metroid zero mission are the only ones to get this 100% item scounting fairness correct.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
100%? almost never. Can't be bothered. I just sponge the fun out of a game until nothing is left. That tends to be far before 100%.

But I mostly play RPGs so 100% is much harder.

Something like Super Mario 64 I 100% just because it's fun/easy/not a grind.

Reactions: BORTZ

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I think of all the games I've played, I've only 100%'d maybe like...10? I'm not really one of those people who feels the need to collect every single item/do every single side quest/jerk off every single NPC in every game I play unless it vastly alters the end-game in some way (which it never does). The only games I've 100%'d are games that are super easy to 100% like the original Spyro trilogy (which I just finished 100%ing again last night :P). Even games I severely enjoy like Dark Souls I won't 100%, because doing so is stupid tedious and annoying.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Only one (cook, serve, delicious). And I just played that game until there were but 2 things left to do.

It probably won't make me popular saying this, but for most games, chasing 100% is kind of pathetic to me. The reason: especially on open world games, devs just clutter the world with token busywork that adds nothing. Take AC3: collect Pages of a stupid book or even feathers. It's ridiculous, especially since all the weapons are as strong as your starting weapon.
Now...I get that players find it fun to just wonder around and discovering stuff (I did this as well). But for 100% nowadays, it's as if players EXPECT some stupid busywork to be done, and they gladly abide. I once joked to the parents of a gaming friend that if they wanted him to clean his room THOROUGHLY, all they had to do was say something like "achievement unlocked: you have cleaned 99% of your room". :evil:

Reactions: Nightwish

Xeroyamil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attending now medschool, I find difficult to find time to achieve 100% in a game. But until college, the best memories I have is Megaman X5, FF12 (that was a BIG pain in the ass), KH1 and 2, and also KH:ReCoded (don't understand whay that game was addictive to me, knowing that is somehow a shitty game). The latest one was wolfenstein the new order (that was a great game). Now I'm playing Borderland 2 with my sister, and already finished 2 times.

I must say, now I look games that I can pass through quickly... I miss my free time...

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when I was a more OCD gamer all the time. Then I realized that in most games endgame content is almost always unbearably tedious so I cut that out pretty quick. A lack of time doesn't help either.

mr_lunar_magnet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I 100% most metroid or castlevania games, I'm thinking about going through and 100% some rpgs now too though.

But it's only a habit I've gotten into recently, I either go for 100% or low %

D

Deleted-379826

I've never done it, I just try to get the best ending and I'm done with that game.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I finished 100 percent on easier games with objectives and a side missions. I didn't finish for example on a game like gta v, ain't nobody got time for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: