How often do you swear?

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Real life: Usually the worst I've said is "Shit!" (Actually, had a funny lecture from my mum as I described something as "That was poopy." (instead of using the s-word). She lectured me by saying "What are you, two years old?" (Yes, when you babysit 12/15 aged children for a church, you really don't want them to pick up the "f-word" and worse.) Most of the time, however, my swearing is in Cantonese - and that's dirty as heck.

Online: Mostly I try to censor myself because a lot of online is based on context - if I'm swearing, that may be offensive to other users, when I don't mean to be.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Real life: Usually the worst I've said is "Shit!" (Actually, had a funny lecture from my mum as I described something as "That was poopy." (instead of using the s-word). She lectured me by saying "What are you, two years old?" (Yes, when you babysit 12/15 aged children for a church, you really don't want them to pick up the "f-word" and worse.) Most of the time, however, my swearing is in Cantonese - and that's dirty as heck.

Online: Mostly I try to censor myself because a lot of online is based on context - if I'm swearing, that may be offensive to other users, when I don't mean to be.
Haha, just yesterday I spoke with a language partner over Skype and she asked me to tell her all the Cantonese curses I know so I recited The Five Brave Generals of the Mun Clan. She thought it was really funny to hear a white guy curse so well in Cantonese. I thought about saying hit the airplane as well, but that's not something you say to someone you just met :wacko:.

Reactions: astrangeone

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, just yesterday I spoke with a language partner over Skype and she asked me to tell her all the Cantonese curses I know so I recited The Five Brave Generals of the Mun Clan. She thought it was really funny to hear a white guy curse so well in Cantonese. I thought about saying hit the airplane as well, but that's not something you say to someone you just met :wacko:.
*snicker* Well, that's funny!

I was an English language partner to a couple of people, and it was always amusing to learn bad words in Mandarin Chinese. :)

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an extensive vocabulary. I usually only swear when I need to or when I really want to make a point. Sometimes I can swear just for the sake of it, but i can easily choose not to.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*snicker* Well, that's funny!

I was an English language partner to a couple of people, and it was always amusing to learn bad words in Mandarin Chinese. :)
Actually there are more than a word for 'mother fucker' and at least 4 character for 'fuck' in mandarin, which one of them also means the sun.
And there is no counter part for 'shit' but fart is used instead.

Last edited by Yil,

NohrPrince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bad habit of cussing, but at the same time I like it.

Now I curse a few dozen times a minute because of Dark Souls 3, or whenever I hit something from clumsiness

Last edited by NohrPrince,

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When authority isn't around, when I feel it's required.

Around friends, all the time.

When talking to my brother YELLOW IS ALWAYS THE ANSWER

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: