Hacking How much are you willing to pay for a flash cart?

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
actually, flash carts are the only way because as we have seen with the wii, they make updates to fix the glitches
since auto update is enabled on 3ds no matter what, ding ding ding
you got it, no homebrew channel
a cfw would need to be made before first update or its no go
that leaves a mod chip or flash cart
im thinking modchip or cfw since flashcarts rely on the ofw and that will be updated frequently
cfw would be rad like psp
we might have to get it from a mod chip
who knows
but im sure flashcarts wont work long and that ninty will pump out updates faster than the cart devs can
and that will block a homebrew channel
ninty has LEARNED through its last 2 consoles
now it auto updates for you no matter what, is region locked, and more. probably hardware ap too.

milkchocolate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i paid 99 EUR (150$) for my first GBA flashcard...... they were really expensive but it was still worth it.

now you can get a wood-r4 for like 2,50 eur SHIPPED thats crazy.

I would be willing to pay up to 2-3 games for psp2 to get isos working , or the same for 3ds (IF there is good games for 3ds and not just shovelware), actually it would be good if it wasnt too cheap/easy to pirate games cos if the masses pirate its the death of any system

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, now that it's region locked, I don't think it's worth it anymore.

However, if a 3DS flash cart was made that could bypass this lock then I'd pay around the 130 range. Because nothing's better than having a region locked system playing games from another region.

as for those auto updates, I don't think a flash cart would be able to stop a system process like that.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no clue if a flash card would be feasible on the 3DS. With the new security methods on 3DS, which extend to the system and games, flash cards would have to deal with a game having updates and security, as well as the system having it too. It would probably become a monthly hassle of cards needing more and more updates to even be recognized by the system to run games. The reason it was easy for the DS is because flash cards were running via flash memory. The reason the cards ended up getting compatibility issues with games is because Nintendo then allowed retail games to also run via flash memory.

It's probably going to be a difficult battle for Nintendo on the 3DS, but at the very least I hope it takes a few years to be hacked. That way, people will buy games and when an exploit is found, it can largely be taken advantage of for import titles that weren't released in the customers region. Everybody wins that way.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would't buy the 3ds as soon as it out and i would't still buy the 3ds when flashcarts can be played ima wait for a while for a decent flashcart

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
The way I see it, a fully working flashcart (as in actually plays 3DS backups) would be pretty priceless to me. No matter what the cost, you'll get your money's worth out of it real quick. So it could be $100+ and still be worth it to me, because that would only be the price of 2-3 games.....

But see, I don't plan to even get a 3DS until I CAN play backups on it, whether it be a hard mod or a flashcart or whatever. If that never happens, I'll never own a 3DS. Simple as that. End of story.
true,it doesnt matter if the flashcart costs 100+ as you will get your moneys worth.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bigpaws said:
actually, flash carts are the only way because as we have seen with the wii, they make updates to fix the glitches
im thinking modchip or cfw since flashcarts rely on the ofw and that will be updated frequently
who knows
but im sure flashcarts wont work long and that ninty will pump out updates faster than the cart devs can
now it auto updates for you no matter what, is region locked, and more. probably hardware ap too.
Because firmware updates never got in the way of DSi flashcarts right? Oh wait =|

SD card hacks are really the only way to go at this point, anything less isn't worth it.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
No more than 1.5 times a game's price.

For my R4, I paid 13.900 HUF (hungarian forints) = 55$ while a normal DS game costs 9.990 HUF= $39.90.

Though the maximum I'd pay would be ~80$ = 16 000 HUF.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has been said by someone but price isn't really an issue (if i have money) because decent flashcarts pay for themselves. All the crap on my DStwo would be over $200, but I only paid $30 something for it.....Though the quality/support of the cart has to worth the initial price.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would depend on the quality of the product, and since I won't be getting the 3DS at launch, or maybe not until Christmas, I would have to look at the reviews GBAtemp might have if they release soon enough. Knowing my dad, he would probably want it to be under $20.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
bigpaws said:
who knows
Where do you pull your information from?
I could hazard a guess, but it'd be censored anyway.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably like $100 max. Even at $100 it's just the price of buying two games, and odds are you'll play more than 2 games on your cart. Plus carts will get cheaper as more of them come out so upgrading won't exactly be burning a hole in your wallet.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
£30 to £40 and that would be once there was a reliable card out
biggrin.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
jivid321 said:
I reckon $30-50, but over this would be too much...
You realize that's the price of a real game, right? You'll pay no more than the price of one game to get infinite games.

ITT: CHEAP ASSES

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Midna said:
jivid321 said:
I reckon $30-50, but over this would be too much...
You realize that's the price of a real game, right? You'll pay no more than the price of one game to get infinite games.

ITT: CHEAP ASSES
The price is usually 1.5 real games. Fiddy-dollah fits that pretty well.

qwety

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Willing to pay $0 USD. I get the reviewer's privilege, and I'm already down for the first 3DS flashcarts from a few of the flashcart teams.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...