Hardware How many System Transffers can you do on 1 3DS?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I heard you can only perform 5 times a system transffer on 1 3DS.
Is this correct?

So a few other questions related:
- So if i transffer emunand to sysnand, does that count as 1 transffer on the 3DS with emunand?
- Can it be resset by doing a system format?
- Is there a way to do more then 5 transffers per system if you can't resset it?

Thanks

[EDIT]
So i system transffered a 2DS (Sysnand 9.6) to 3DS (rxTools Emunand 9.6) without a problem, i now have to wait 7 days for the next system transffer. To be clear, my 3DS is sysnand 4.5.

All on a new clean SD with a fresh emunand, so after i took everything out, i placed my old SD with emunand 9.5 in it and it gave an error (will take a screenshot later (my 3ds is busy right now)) I assume this error is cause of the system transffer, the nnid that was transffered from the 2DS is now linked to the 3DS, so the old SD with my nnid linked on it will not work anymore.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry for double posting, but to answer my own question
- Originally, Nintendo had limited the maximum number of times that you could transfer licenses/move data from one 3DS to another but has since then removed that limitation. So you can upgrade without any worries. There is, however, a seven-day transfer lock-out; so you can only do one transfer a week.

- You cannot transfer data from a New 3DS / 3DS XL to a standard 3DS. However, you can contact Nintendo customer service and have them do the transfer for you.

- When you first boot up your New 3DS, you should NOT create a new Nintendo Network ID (NNID). The NNID from your old 3DS will overwrite any NNID on the New 3DS.

- The transfer will move your downloaded content, save data, your NNID (if used), friends list, Nintendo eShop balance, and purchase history (including themes).

- Any preinstalled software on the new device can be redownloaded from the eShop without the need of an NNID. It is pre-registered to the device ID -- thus, you can just sign in to the eShop and redownload it even on a fresh, new microSD card. So you will not lose, say, Monster Hunter 4 on the MH-themed New 3DS, due to a transfer.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if Nintendo allows you to transfer _TO_ one 3DS twice (from two different 3DS's) within the seven day time window? Obviously, the information from the first 3DS would be erased.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1