Hardware How long till you get used to playing in 3d ?

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, since yesterday I finaly got my 3ds and on my first run I already played ~2 hours in a row and after that my eyes hurt like 2 hours as well oO and I somehow feel a little headach.
Now after waking up I imidiatly started again (thats why i took some days of, to be a insane nerd for some days) and now after an hour I have a headach again -.-V

I had no problems at all seeing the 3d (well first 2 seconds XD) like some others seem to have but i just can't play all to much.
I know Ninty says you should not play more than one hour due to the stress on the eyes but still I read that ppl got used to it or were they only talking about seeing the 3d ? how lang con you guys actually play without "problems" ?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You cant play with the 3D on all the times.
My first time, 30 minutes and my eyes started getting wet.. it was pretty tiring.
But nowadays, 2-3 hours with 3D on, no problem. It is still tiring however and not advised to do so.
Switch the 3D off ever 30-40 minutes and continue playing
smile.gif

For some reason, the intensity of the 3D slider makes little difference to my eyes lol.
My eyes get tensed no matter if the 3D slider is all the way at the top or just a little.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I'm not sure how long it took me to get used to it, since I was used to 3D playing on the PS3 before buying the 3DS. I know some friends of mine said it only took them a few days-a week to become adjusted to it, but i think it also depends on how often you play and how high or low the 3D slider is. I'm able to play for long periods around 3hours + in 3D and not become affected by it after I'm done playing, but the after effect is different for everyone.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
i gradually built it up

was like a half and hour to start

then got into a few hours

i played 8 hours straight at the weekend (had to charge it after a while)

but ive had since launch

ive had the time to built up so when i got zelda i could play longer

after the 8 hours i felt a little tired but my eyes felt fine
i do have contact lens also

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
My first few hours, I got a little dizzy and some minor headache. But after about 3 days it felt natural.
laugh.gif

To each his own , I guess. My sister doesnt like the 3D very much, she said it hurts her eyes.
laugh.gif

Mondegreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ever since I got it I have been able to play for hours on end with the 3D on full, but I only have Street Fighter and OOT. I heard that other games like Ridge Racer give a lot of people headaches.

SirTempest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
getting used to 3d was no problem for me. i started with playing for about one hour and after this, i had no more problems with 3d
and my first game was ridge racer ^^

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
never had any problems with 3d
i played like 2 hours on 1st day and didn't get any problems, in the beginning it made me feel that everything 2d is 3d but now 3d is just a normal thing to me

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
My eyes felt strained at first, but after about an hour I realised this was because I wasn't holding the 3DS at quite the right angle. I also turned the 3D down to about three-quarters. Still a stunning effect, but not having it up on full.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
no problems with the 3d effects, i just find it hard to get the 3d effect all the time as i move about on the couch a lot when i am playing, i useally put the 3d silder on medium so it's not blured most of the time.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The first time I played, my head was awfully dizzy.

The first time I played Mercs, same thing happened.

But now, no more. 3D always to full.

I suggest turning down to 2D before booting your system, then increasing it to 3D.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Every time I played it, my eyes would adapt.

First time I used it was Pilotwings Resort before the console came out. It was my first time viewing something in stereoscopic 3D, so the effect was ridiculously strong. I put the slider up around half way. I then played it again before launch. Same place. Wasn't as strong. Then the handheld came out, and day by day, I could put the slider up more and view it comfortably. I now put it around 3/4 of the way up, but have no problem with it all the way up.

So long story short. It took me like a week.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol actually i sometime have the feeling my eyes still try to see 3d even after playing oO just have a weird blurry view atm sometime oO

short time ago I tried Zelda the first time (only bought it as time waster so not started it even once till my friend wanted to see it now) and the 3d was even more intense than in Warriors which I am playing ... seems it made me even more dizzy XD

somehow its cool somehow its scary, hope there won't be remaining eye damages

Raichy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I got 3DS two months ago, I played it quite often, turned on 3D from time to time and thought it was really cool. But gradually I became so addicted to it, that I can't play without 3D anymore, because without it everything seems so dull to me... Am I weird?
biggrin.gif

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well seems many ppl do not care about Ninty's warning about not playing more than 1 hour without a pause ?

I believe there are no ppl complaining about "problems" with their eyes yet ?

and yeah the 3d effect is awesome after using it a while you won't be statisfied without it anymore ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night