Gaming How long should I hold off on buying games that are exclusively digital?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last gen I felt burned buying every single Sega 3D Classic game off the eShop when I could of just bought the physical bundle for the exact same price I paid for the games combined. I also bought both NES Remix 1 & 2 on the eShop before there was a pack announced so that was also a waste. I even bought the BOXBOY games before they announced a physical trilogy pack which will also include its amiibo.

I'm interested in Snipperclips and Fast RMX. I liked Fast Racing NEO so much I imported the EU version of the game since it was the only version of the game printed physically.

I dont want to get burned again if they decide to release these games physically later on. How long is safe to say there definitely wont be a physical copy made? Perhaps not buying the game at all till the Switch is at the end of its life?

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Buy RMX, I doubt it will get any physical release and let's face it the old switch isn't exactly a playground of purchases right now. Snipperclips I'd leave for a price drop.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy RMX, I doubt it will get any physical release and let's face it the old switch isn't exactly a playground of purchases right now. Snipperclips I'd leave for a price drop.
Price isnt an issue but it feels like flushing money down a toilet when a physical edition is announced. I really liked Fast Racing NEO and I even imported it. I'd be willing to do it again if it was available anywhere. More so now since the Switch is region free.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Price isnt an issue but it feels like flushing money down a toilet when a physical edition is announced. I really liked Fast Racing NEO and I even imported it. I'd be willing to do it again if it was available anywhere. More so now since the Switch is region free.
Couldn't say for definite that you won't get a physical of RMX mate but I'm inclined to think that the publisher will be keeping costs down as an indi by remaining digital. Snips I'm assuming is in house so anyone's guess, I'd pick up RMX now tbh, maybe check out the developers/publishers websites to see what the buzz is around physical.

I'm thinking a physical release must be really costly for an indi, printing, pressing, graphic designers, writers, marketing etc etc. I'd be willing to bet you won't see one but I'm often wrong lol.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't say for definite that you won't get a physical of RMX mate but I'm inclined to think that the publisher will be keeping costs down as an indi by remaining digital. Snips I'm assuming is in house so anyone's guess, I'd pick up RMX now tbh, maybe check out the developers/publishers websites to see what the buzz is around physical.

I'm thinking a physical release must be really costly for an indi, printing, pressing, graphic designers, writers, marketing etc etc. I'd be willing to bet you won't see one but I'm often wrong lol.
I did infact email Shin'en Multimedia about getting a physical release here in the US but they messaged me back saying they had no plans. I guess the install base was larger in EU to do it there and ensure they can take the hit on a physical run and since the Wii U was reaching the end of its life and they already announced their sequel game here I just imported. I'll definitely email them later this week and see what they say. I'd like a physical copy even if it isnt for my region, otherwise I'll wait it out till the end of the Switch's life. Gotten burned too many times ):

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did infact email Shin'en Multimedia about getting a physical release here in the US but they messaged me back saying they had no plans. I guess the install base was larger in EU to do it there and ensure they can take the hit on a physical run and since the Wii U was reaching the end of its life and they already announced their sequel game here I just imported. I'll definitely email them later this week and see what they say. I'd like a physical copy even if it isnt for my region, otherwise I'll wait it out till the end of the Switch's life. Gotten burned too many times ):
Fair enough dude, I'd still say fuck it and pick up RMX if only to give the developer a bit of consumer love and potentially kick start them into something bigger, that game is well priced when compared to snipps, 1-2 and bomberman if you ask me.

Did RMX get a physical EU release? I couldn't find one anywhere when I got my switch.

Last edited by Risingdawn,
Reactions: RemixDeluxe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte