Hacking how is the hacking of the wii u going?

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title of this thread could be changed to, "How the hacking of the wii u is going nowhere", and be made into a depressing blog. :P
I made some horrible jokes, flamed, was nice, was an asshole, tried a bounty thread, tested their ego with some very touchy comments, and literally bombed every thread to build interest. There are a LOT of theories but again, it is all conjecture. I found other people who are kind and they don't insult me or come across as narcissistic self-serving iniquitous fakes. "I have a million dollars, earned it" with a reputation for stealing the work of others and not releasing;-)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Team f0f said they would consider to release the hack if some interest was shown and a 3 core linux was created. They posted all the pieces of the puzzle on their blog and they assume no one has the knowledge or interest to make the puzzle. If someone makes the puzzle, and they don't release anything, you can become angry on them. You just can't now. There is a long way to go between the knowledge of an exploit and the release of usefull stuff that uses it. All I can add is that some people are still working on trying to get a 3 core linux running, and that they start to realise it's much complexer stuff than they first thought.
The 3 core linux won't be helpfull if your intention is playing game backups (which you all make yourself to keep your game discs in mint condition, I know) If that's the goal you are seeking, you need to wait for the release of a modchip. Those are most of the time the first methods of modding a console.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i want to know if they are getting close to hacking the wii u system menu so you don't have to use v-wii and use burned discs.
Pretty much blame the people with the info for not leaking it, thats prob what f0f wanted giving it to so many ppl, but no one wanted to make anything/be responsible for leaking the info (assuming it contains nintendo code)

Of course if you just want backups there is always http://wiikey.com/ if it is ever released/real/nintendo didnt murder them,their familys, and their friends

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
I want digital copies of my disc based games. I don't want to have to switch discs. If I decide to bring my Wii U anymore, like to my parents house, or a friends house, I don't want to have to bring all my discs with me. I don't want to lose my games if they are stolen from me. My copy of Brawl was stolen, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't get to still play it.
Then buy them from the eShop, simple.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crediar is working on nintendon't. Might do just what you are looking 4.
You've always been kind to me obcd (at least what I have seen). There is no guarantee Marcan will give more. Lets say you and Maxternal (et al) succeed with Linux running over vWii with 3 core support...so he gives access to GPU, possibly more RAM, that is essentially Wii U hardware for homebrew access. Curious, if gamepad screen could be used there also OR it must come from Wii U mode (?).

It is basically what Megazig said the plan was. No access to nand (eMMC), no access to Wii U disc drive, no access to Wii U side (truly locking out piracy). Ukey is coming last I heard anything but damn, that is going to be pricey, lmfao. No offense to Bubba or others with that statement. Could be worth it for homebrew (vWii linux). Guess with Ukey you get homebrew with piracy and they keep Nintendo Wii U mode dash/code locked out. If Wii U exploit is released then enter piracy and other types of homebrew. I cannot see f0f releasing that exploit.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then maybe you should have bought the machine that had compatibility with that instead of the one that didn't.

Or maybe he should just cut out the middle man and buy a gamecube. I mean they are like $20 nowadays or less including controllers. Games cheap as dirt.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can understand that people want to limit the number of devices they have standing below their tv set. Usually the number of analog inputs is limited as well on modern televisions.
You can use a video switch, but the cabling quickly becomes a mess. Even ninty made the wii "gc game" compatible, like they made the wiiu wii compatible. It's obvious they also see sales in the fact
you can simply replace your console with a newer one. They don't see it as just an extra you place next to your old one. Someone still has a pong game hooked up to his tv? I guess not.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want it totally unlocked and to do anything I want to do. I also want USB loaders and to use cheats in games. Lmfao, so I want piracy without buying Ukey and to load a game with infinite ammo/life. No sense lying about it for me. Many others outright lie or give half truths. Homebrew can be great as well. I want it all for free though. Being able to "have it all in one box" is great once, but for me there is more to it;-)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
homebrew developer interest? How are you suposed to develop homebrew for the wiiu?
When the 3 core linux becomes mature, it might be a way to run emulators and a media player.
The way it works will be unrelated to the wiiu sdk that is used to create wiiu games. So, it won't be very helpfull for piracy.

It's possible that the team f0f wiiu exploit could be fixed by nintendo. This would mean if they release it, it likely will be patched real soon.
If they keep it a secret, they can use it to gain better understanding of the wiiu inner way of doing things, and it might be helpfull to find other exploits.
If this would be the case, and if they release it, nintendo will benefit most of it.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
homebrew developer interest? How are you suposed to develop homebrew for the wiiu?
When the 3 core linux becomes mature, it might be a way to run emulators and a media player.
The way it works will be unrelated to the wiiu sdk that is used to create wiiu games. So, it won't be very helpfull for piracy.

It's possible that the team f0f wiiu exploit could be fixed by nintendo. This would mean if they release it, it likely will be patched real soon.
If they keep it a secret, they can use it to gain better understanding of the wiiu inner way of doing things, and it might be helpfull to find other exploits.
If this would be the case, and if they release it, nintendo will benefit most of it.
Yes, I agree. One idea is to have control, lock out updates, and keep control. I see what you mean ob and agree. I only meant there is no guarantee to get more beyond 3 core.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So according to what I have read on this thread now it seems like the UKey is on hold? Not sure what to make of that..it went from 3-6 weeks til release to now not knowing when it will be coming out..I already purchased Super Luigi U yesterday, it was worth the download..great game..I had a feeling something was up with this release date when I kept on hearing 3-6 weeks for weeks already

I have Super Luigi U too, but I have to put the Mario disc in. I don't want to have to put the Mario disc in. I want this to come out.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I agree. One idea is to have control, lock out updates, and keep control. I see what you mean ob and agree. I only meant there is no guarantee to get more beyond 3 core.
We can't really lock out updates. Updates are required to use the E-shop. Are they also required for MiiVerse and to play online? We need real control like with the Wii, where you can install the updates, but keep your hacks anyway.

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
But I already have disc based games. I can't afford to buy the same game twice. Plus, disc games are cheaper. I want to buy them on sale, whereas the digital copies don't go on sale as cheap as you can find on disc.
I see. Then buy one of this disc folders that hold several discs together, that would solve space problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality