Hacking How is SNES emulation on homebrew?

anab0lic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really fussy when it comes to emulation... if there is input lag or fps drops i am super sensitive to it and find it off putting to the point where i dont really want to play the game most of the time... so with that said, just how accurate is Wii U emulation of SNES games?

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Snesgx for vwii runs at full speed, and I don't notice any lag with any games I play. but it's not cycle accurate. Vwii is not powerful enough for a cycle accurate snes emulator. If we ever get wii-u homebrew it may be possible to get closer to cycle accurate, but really if you want perfect accuracy you'll want a fast PC, or a SNES.

wiitf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
I haven't tried out many games, but from what I recall, games that used the Super FX chip either don't work or have issues.. Even some non-Super FX games have frame drops, too. Let me go try Yoshi's Island again and get back to you.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you want tinny menu sound bugs and frame skipping issues and random crashes, to each their own. I was merely making a suggestion, nothing more. Snes9x Next > GX in terms of stability and no tinny audio glitches, just saying. What do you mean by "ewww" anyways? I assume you've tried it on the Wii?

RetroArch GUI is very ugly, unfriendly and uncomfortable for use with the Wii.
Yes, S9xN works better than GX but i dont like RetroArch Style

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was under the impression that GX only frameskips if the emulation is running slow. I'd rather a few skipped frames than slo-mo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse