Hardware How i can change SD card for other? (With Luma and these things...)

RY0M43CH1Z3N

Touching things and improving your world
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hello I have a N2DS XL with CFW in the latest stable version. I have all data in a 4GB micro SD card. i Try to change the SD (copy and paste all content) but when i try to turn on the N2DS XL, turns off (1 second later when i turn it on) without show screenshot or nothing.

Thank you for your help!

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Just a hypothesis)

The 3DS has to recognize the card. Even if you used a stock 3ds and transferred the data from one SD Card to another, it will ask you to initialize the card. The 3ds can't access the card and so CFW can't boot, so unless you want to uninstall CFW, initialize the card, and reinstalling the CFW, then your stuck with 4 gb. I'm not sure if this is the only way, but the only one I know.

(It cuts half of my post off sometimes, don't know why.)

Last edited by aykay55,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, I have the boot.firm in the SD Card
Do you know how to copy the boot.firm to the CTRNand?
You see I am asking all of these questions because I am going to suggest copying Luma3DS to the CTRNAND along with GodMode9 in order to properly format the SD card.
The 3DS has to recognize the card. Even if you used a stock 3ds and transferred the data from one SD Card to another, it will ask you to initialize the card. The 3ds can't access the card and so CFW can't boot, so unless you want to uninstall CFW, initialize the card, and reinstalling the CFW, then your stuck with 4 gb. I'm not sure if this is the only way, but the only one I know.

(It cuts half of my post off sometimes, don't know why.)
What? That's not right at all.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You see I am asking all of these questions because I am going to suggest copying Luma3DS to the CTRNAND along with GodMode9 in order to properly format the SD card.

What? That's not right at all.
This was a hypothesis. But when I switched the card data over from the 4gb card to my 16 gb card, it had asked me to initialize the card on boot.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This was a hypothesis. But when I switched the card data over from the 4gb card to my 16 gb card, it had asked me to initialize the card on boot.
That's a rather odd thing to happen. I recently switch from a 16GB to a 32GB in my old3DS, it booted as if I didn't change anything.
But the incorrect part was suggesting the user remove their CFW in order to upgrade their SD card. They don't need to do that, CFW does not have any effect the SD card being read or not

Last edited by The Catboy,

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a rather odd thing to happen. I recently switch from a 16GB to a 32GB in my old3DS, it booted as if I didn't change anything.
But the incorrect part was suggesting the user remove their CFW in order to upgrade their SD card. They don't need to do that, CFW does not have any effect the SD card being read or not
Yeah, I know. I don't know what caused it. So maybe this guy is having the same problem.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, I know. I don't know what caused it. So maybe this guy is having the same problem.
I am pretty sure it's a formatting issue. Panasonic SD Formatter has caused issues for me in the past, which is why I always suggest formatting with GodMode9 instead.

RY0M43CH1Z3N

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain

I copy + paste the 4GB SD (source) to 32 GB SD (destiny). So what you mean i think i don't know how D:

I am pretty sure it's a formatting issue. Panasonic SD Formatter has caused issues for me in the past, which is why I always suggest formatting with GodMode9 instead.

For more information, I use the 32 GB in a R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) to use for NTRboot. If i can't turn on the N2DS, then, i have to boot in GodMode9 with the 4GB card and then, switch for 32 GB to formatting with GodMode9?

What issues cause this program (Panasonic SD Formatter)?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For more information, I use the 32 GB in a R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) to use for NTRboot. If i can't turn on the N2DS, then, i have to boot in GodMode9 with the 4GB card and then, switch for 32 GB to formatting with GodMode9?

What issues cause this program (Panasonic SD Formatter)?
You need to use your 4GB to set everything up first. First download this file for the rest of the guide.
Then follow Section V - CTRNAND Luma3DS from The Guide
  1. Launch GodMode9 by holding (Start) during boot
  2. If you are prompted to create an essential files backup, press (A) to do so, then press (A) to continue once it has completed
  3. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  4. Select “More…”
  5. Select “Scripts…”
  6. Select “setup_ctrnand_luma3ds”
  7. When prompted, press (A) to proceed
  8. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing, then input the key combo given
  9. Press (A) to continue
  10. Press (A) to relock write permissions
After this is down, it will have copied everything you need (including Luma3DS and GodMode9) to the CTRNAND. From there remove the 4GB from your system and also delete the boot.firm off the 32GB and inject that into that system. Boot the system holding start and should boot into GodMode9
From there you need to reformat the microSD card using GodMode9
  1. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  2. Select “More…”
  3. SD Format menu
From there follow the rest of the screens.

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

RY0M43CH1Z3N

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
You need to use your 4GB to set everything up first. First download this file for the rest of the guide.
Then follow Section V - CTRNAND Luma3DS from The Guide

My chinese 32 GB SD card was broken (I can't write on with any program or N2DS XL, N3DS XL or O3DS XL, etc...) so i change to official (Lexar) 16 GB SD to do it without problems

Very incredible thanks!! I forget CRTNAND with it, the new flashcard work it!

I resolve with your help in 10 mins!!

PD: If you or some other mod can change the tittle to [SOLVED] will be very usefull to others with the same problem!!

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, so long as their SD card is legit and not damaged, proper formatting normally fixes this kind of issue

My chinese 32 GB SD card was broken (I can't write on with any program or N2DS XL, N3DS XL or O3DS XL, etc...) so i change to official (Lexar) 16 GB SD to do it without problems

Very incredible thanks!! I forget CRTNAND with it, the new flashcard work it!

I resolve with your help in 10 mins!!

PD: If you or some other mod can change the tittle to [SOLVED] will be very usefull to others with the same problem!!
I was kind of right. The 3DS couldn't read/write the card or was reading incorrect data, so it crashed.

Last edited by aykay55,

RY0M43CH1Z3N

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I was kind of right. The 3DS couldn't read/write the card or was reading incorrect data, so it crashed.
For more information, when i try to install homebrew launcher, in the broken SD card, created some directories (more of 100) named UUUUUUU.uuu and can't rewrite but i can read the content with any explorer

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For more information, when i try to install homebrew launcher, in the broken SD card, created some directories (more of 100) named UUUUUUU.uuu and can't rewrite but i can read the content with any explorer
Oh, that makes sense. The card was screwed up, but not unwriteable or unreadable.

Last edited by aykay55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1