Hacking How hard is henkaku to install? Adapter recommendations?

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically i have a ps vita 1000 model and a ps vita tv

I have not even opened the ps vita tv so i am not quite sure what firmware it has ( lower than 3.6 for sure though).
I bought the unit over 1 year ago for like $40 and just had it sitting in my closet

However i do play or turn on my vita once in a blue moon, last time i played it was around decemeber.

I checked and i have 3.36 firmware running on it, so it seems i am good installing henkaku.
Not sure if installing the mod is better with the final memory card i will be using or if i can transfer things later.

How simple is this to install? I installed luma on my 3ds system and although i wouldn't say it was too hard it did take like 1.5 hrs to do ( first time).

any recommendations on the adapter to use for a sd2vita ? there seems to be a couple of styles
i bought the one with the smiley face that says '' new version v2.0''
I was also thinking of ordering the more expensive one because it looks better
https://www.ebay.com/itm/V3-0-2-0-2...hash=item1c92e7c62e:m:mfas-uFzCPOMRlSvzrXUlPQ

in order to upgrade to 3.60 it seems i just need to change my dns to another one and go from there

DinckelMan

Your Favorite Water Mage!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is all you need. If you're gonna install Enso (which I think you should), it won't matter which memory card you're gonna use if you configure it properly after you're done.

For SD2Vita you have a few options. If your gen1 Vita is the 3G model, you can get the PSVSD adapter, if not, there's plenty to choose from. I got my adapter from Srident, but I dont think he makes any more of those at the moment

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so since my system is eligible can i just install it on a new memory card and take off the old one? or must i transfer the old saves and data to the new one?

also is it better to format my new memory card to fat 32 , ex fat or ntfs?

is there any issue leaving my old memory card in the vita while i do this? ( i plan to put my new sdvita2.0 adapter to use my new micro sd card)

Last edited by Skyhigh_,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s a 128gb card formatted as exfat and 128k allocation unit size (if that matters). Also, after you format the new card, copy all everything from your vita card so you can copy that to the new card.

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while the guide seems fairly straight forward it leaves one trying to figure out things for themselves

for example when we get to the molecule shell and clicking on the options it doesn't really say to press triangle etc.. for certain options

when i created a new text in the config.txt file i also wasn't sure what to do

so i just created 2 more lines
15 *main
16 ur0:tai/de3.suprx

then proceeded to save ( checked my txt was still saved afterwards)

deleted ux0:tai

then rebooted console

Now i am in the section to install homebrew

so immediately after rebooting my vita i go to my browser and go to the guide section using the browser and click on the vitashell link

i select vitashell.vpk and i get an error C2-13242-2

again the guide is somewhat vague at times, but i am sure it meant to download the vpk file and not the source code files, regardless it was not clear and i am now stuck at this point.

Everything else seems to have installed fine so far though as i am on 3.60

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
turns out the error was because i had to re launch henkaku through the browser, yes i know it stated on the guide that after every reboot it had to be done again until i installed enso but again unless you go back and re-read the guide again then you hit a road block.

Anyways i installed enso so i have a different logo upon loading my psp.

I also installed adrenaline and it seems to work

Well now it seems there are alot of apps i could use
what are the main ones people use?

I would like to transfer files from my pc to my vita without having to use that sony content manager
i also don't want to transfer files over internet because my internet isn't all too reliable

How do i got about copying all the contents from my main proprietary ps vita memory card into my new micro sd card that is using a ps vita 2.0 adapter?
I want to use that as my main one now because its 200 gb

Also is it normal for the psp menu interface to look a little pixelated?

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, adrenaline is my main program. Another I use a lot is vitashell. Vitashell will be your file browser/transfer program. With it, you can mount your sd2vita as your usb device by pressing select. Pressing start, you can change the options. You can even use vitashell as an ftp server and move content that way.

You can copy/paste everything from one card to the other with your computer. That’s what I did. I don’t think there is a better way.

And yes, the default resolution for adrenaline stretches the Psp to for the vita display. So you get that. Hold the home button, then select settings. Use the R trigger to pan over to settings. Check out the different options there.

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i am using vitashell but i don't think i am doing this right

to start off with i can access the vita memory card from my pc but i cannot see anything within the folders at all
i only see the following folders:
data
mms
ptmp
vitashell

some folders are complete empty
I can't see anything within the memory card ( ps vita memory card not the sd2vita) even though its filled up to 6gb.
So i choose to copy the entire drive that my pc has for the ps vita memory card and it does copy 6 gb of data but i can't see anything in terms of games other than the 4 folders noted above.

Well now on my my sd2vita adapter i am using exactly like linked below

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SD2Vita-Ve...682040?hash=item3afa507cf8:g:~VcAAOSwYeRaHRqT

when i press start in vitashell i change the memory card to sd2vita, then i press select
so at this point i am prompted '' please insert micro sd card '' i press ''x'' but nothing happens.
card doesn't show up on pc so i can't copy anything

am i doing something or ? my micro sd card works, not sure if my sd2vita adapter is faulty though

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I'm not sure about the "please insert micro sd card" error. Im using a version2 sd2vita card and haven't encountered that. To view all files in the directory when connected with vitashell, you must unhide all files and folders on your computer. You'll have access to all the folders after that.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s the guide I used successfully. I think the problem maybe your sd card. Either the way it was formatted (I forgot about the zzblank.img file) or the sd card driver. The popular way and the way I use it, is to install the sd2vita adapter as ux0:. Be sure to install the proper driver from the guide.

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i wasn't aware i had to format it in a specific way until i started reading more guides online.

Anyways even after i followed the steps in the guide the sd2vita memory card is still not detected in my vita.

If it makes a difference i am using a sandisk 200gb micro sd

99.9% sure that my sd card is not the issue , tested it using h2testw and another software before using it. Card works 100% fine on basically everything.
I even tried the v2 sd2vita adapters with the smileys ( 3 different ones) so it cannot be that all 4 adapters are faulty, i am definitely doing something wrong

So i downloaded the win32diskimager application

before i begun anything below i went into my ur0>tai folder within vitashell and put ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx below where it says kernel, saved and restarted my system

so my config txt file below kernel says something like this
PSPCFW adrelanine skprx ( not exactly like this but eh you get the point)
then here is where i put ( right below the adrelenine text) ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx

i put it above but it made no difference either

i put the zzblank img file and picked my device as my micro sd card
i got a ''format complete message''
I took out my micro sd card from the usb port ( without putting eject from my pc)
i put the card back inside and i got a message prompting me to format the card to able to use it ( just like how the guide said it would pop up)
i closed the windows on that message because it stated to do it manually
i then formatted my micro sd card via the windows format option
i selected exfat, and default allocation size i did not name the micro sd card and i selected the quick format option
at this point i copied all of my contents i copied from my proprietary vita memory card to to pc to this new micro sd card

i then inserted the sd2vita memory card into my ps vita but it does not seem to detect the memory card..

also i noticed a decent amount of people ( guests) reading this thread yesterday , well however is reading through these posts just know that enso/henka is just the very beginning.

It its just the entry point of everything you can't really ''DO'' anything with just that , there are multiple apps that you will need to download to get different thingd to work.

Last edited by Skyhigh_,
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ensure your ur0:tai/config.txt is configured correctly (eg: https://pastebin.com/sZch2yC8), that you have the gamesd plugin located in ur0:tai (ie: ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx) and have deleted the ux0:tai folder from anywhere it may exist (internal 1gb ux0 on vita 2000s/PSTV, the vita memory card if one is inserted and the microsd in the sd2vita).
Obvious but I'll mention it anyway, ensure you are inserting the sd2vita while the vita is powered off as it is mounted at boot :)

Also make sure you got a full backup of the original vita mem card (unsafe homebrew enabled on vita, hidden and system files set to show in windows) and transferred this to the microsd after writing zzbank and formatting. You should have a whole bunch of folders and a few files, such as https://pastebin.com/9pCa26sg

If you are just going to be using the microsd as UX0 and not use a vita memory card at the same time then it's best to use the original plugin: https://github.com/xyzz/gamecard-microsd/releases
This would help reduce any possible confusion, but if you wanted to mount the official vita card as uma0 at the same time as using the sd2vita as ux0 you'd have to use the modified plugin.

If you are using a 200GB microsd It'd also be a good idea to format it to 64k clusters not the default of 128k. This wont help you get it working, but will prevent the vita from reporting an incorrect amount of free space once its working, see https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/6u9ai2/sd2vita_incorrect_free_space_solution_fix/

Last edited by Count Duckula,

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just put the plugin or driver the manual way in vita shell , i assume it makes no difference whether i download it or do it manually?

If i donwload it i assume i just move it to the config.text file correct? speaking of the config.text file what folder is it in between all my files?
i know within the vita its in vitashell> ur0>tai> config.txt but i mean within the folders i see in my pc this way i can upload exactly what i have and post it here.

It doesn't look that much different than yours but then again it seems you have other plugins

Also i managed to play some psp games within the official psp memory card, but since its only 8 gb i can't fit much. I haven't been able to play psp games as when i put CSO files it actually froze adrenaline and gave me an error every single time until i took them off the memory card

it seems there the newest version of adrenaline was supposed to fix the issue above but it doesn't seem ti did because i have the newest version.
The error and weird freezing when i put cso files on the iso folder also brought other problems with my unit which, when i turned it back on twice everything dissapeared , and u pon 3rd reboot everything magically reappeared kind of had a mini heart attack

Last edited by Skyhigh_,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P +1