Misc How fast is streetpass if anyone knows

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean usually i walk fast and i walk past people fast so it cant have no more than like a couple seconds and how far away can u be to get a streetpass

P

pasc

however the range you will enter is far bigger than just 1 meter, it might just work.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to say range is closer to 25-50 meters, or basic wifi strength. Streetpass can take anywhere from .5 of a second to 1.5 (may be higher, I didn't sit with a stopwatch) depending on how many games use it.

Streetpass can go through walls, depending on how thick (again, just like Wifi). The more wiring/metal in the wall, the less likely to get through.

A metal lunchbox will shield a 3DS from getting any hits. Discovered that one day when bored.

Generally, if you get a hit from one 3DS, that unit won't give you another for at least 6 hours.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can actually be driving by some places and get street passes from nearby shops (such as GameStop and only if I leave the 3DS in the seat next to me to be close to the window.) but that's still a pretty nice distance, and the street pass happens quickly every time.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
In the early days of having a 3DS, I've known two right next to each other take upto 10 minutes to start communications.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually got a street pass in a moving vehicle. Pretty sure it was on the highway too and not while stopped at a light.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu