Hardware How far away from the Wii U can you take the gamepad?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,242
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted User

OP
This is kinda just to find out whether I'll be able to bring the gamepad with me upstairs when I don't feel like sitting on our shitty couches while playing a game that displays the same thing on the gamepad as the TV.
I would test this myself by walking outside and seeing how far I can go before it disconnects, but I don't have a Wii U.

Yet.

pes.vboude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It A LOT depends on material the construction of your house is made of. Should it be reinforced concrete for instance, the range is minimal.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It can be for some but as soon as you pass a wall or a door you're done. It's too much for the Wii U to handle.

If you'd to play Wii U games on the shitter then you'd have to play with the door open or bring the console closer.

Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah its not that far it will go through a wall ok, never really measured the distance or anything, but keeping doors etc open when your going walkies with the pad helps

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for me it works exactly one room over, i can go into the next room or the room directly above where the console is but no diagonal rooms.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not far enough, that much is for sure.
I live in a relatively small apartment (just under 70 square meters I think) and the toilet and my bedroom are the furthest away from the living room where the Wii U is. The signal ALMOST reaches to my bed and the toilet, but start cutting out and being laggy as soon as I get in bed or sit down to take a dump :P
Basically the only other place I spend time is in the living room, so the range is too short to be any useful to me.

Your mileage may (and will) vary though. Depends on how much interference there is around you (Wi-Fi networks, microwaves, bluetooth devices, other wireless devices, and more), the material your walls are made of (concrete is bad) and other things. Around here there are quite a few WiFi networks, and often the range of my various wireless devices varies from day to day, I guess depending on how many people are downloading pr0n/using their microwave at the same time. :P
So it's really impossible to say for sure, it might work fine if there isn't much interference.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good distance away would be in the dumpster in the alley behind the local 7/11. But unfortunately nintendo see that it is vital that the wii u system settings can only be shown on the game pad.

The gamepad is great. You know games like Mario Chase would be impossible without a gamepad. We need more asynchronous gameplay games. A lot of the games my visitors like to play the most are gamepad-only games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche