Homebrew How exactly do I play burned Wii games without a modded Wii?

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I start, if it's going to like last time where certain members flamed me for my lack of knowledge, those members can kindly leave the thread now.

I do not have a modded Wii of any kind. I do have the Homebrew Channel and a Disc Burner, though. Basically, I've heard of a few different ways to play burned Wii games without a modchip. The first mentioned Gecko US, which I have no experience with, and the other mentioned something called the Backup Launcher, which I think would be my best option.

At the moment, I have an iso file for Sonic Unleashed that I just downloaded the other day, and I really want to know what I have to do in order to successfully play it on my Wii. So, if anyone can link me to a good tutorial (I've seen tons of Youtube ones that didn't help at all), or simply tell me what I need to do, I would really appreciate it. Thanks GBAtemp!

M31Supernova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nero express Burning Rom to burn the iso to single layer dvd+r. Selection in Express would be 'Image to disk' then pick yer iso file. Make sure book type is set to dvd rom once yer in there. Think it is default for mine but other progs might not be as such. Imgburn gave me a couple coasters when running it off my laptop burner so maybe I forgot to check the booktype setting in it....so but I've just always liked the Nero. Some say keep speeds down to 2x or 4x for success but others report that ya get a better burn by respecting what speed the burner is made to work best at or what the media can do. Had 2 games not work so I turned down to 2x from burning some at 8X to see if the burn was at fault. Made no difference and musta been flawed files.
You've got HB and twilight so if ya got gamma version of wiigator then ya should be good to go via running the install within HB channel and using that backup launcher.
A big thanx to all you signature guys like Emperor and Djtaz and long live Wiigator!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back