Hacking How easy is it to hack a PS Vita TODAY

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked on my 3.36 vita while the 3.5 update was out. I suggest giving it a try first, and hopefully it works out. Worst case scenario, you gotta wait a bit for your ps3.

ill give it a try. Here is what i plan to do when the vita gets here. Format it, set up PSN, turn it off.... buy the games on my pc.. set them to download queue... turn my ps vita on.... it should download automatically right?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
ill give it a try. Here is what i plan to do when the vita gets here. Format it, set up PSN, turn it off.... buy the games on my pc.. set them to download queue... turn my ps vita on.... it should download automatically right?
Yep, that's what I did, and it worked multiple times. :) good luck

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
http://wololo.net/2013/12/14/new-way-to-download-games-to-your-older-fw-ps-vita-no-proxy-required/

ok i need help understanding this. What is a linked psn account? it says I need one... and I cant have a connected psn account.

I know I have a PSN account from when I had a PS4... I logged in online just now to my account and added 25 bucks... please tell me I didnt just mess up.
Means you need to connect to psn before doing this. Like, sign into psn on your via first.

Reactions: Margen67

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got your back,

First place to start is definitely here:
http://wololo.net/2015/04/08/big-fa...ering-content-3-50-pool-exploits-which-ecfws/
And
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/

Also the Vita tutorial written by Mech is good as well
https://gbatemp.net/threads/quick-g...to-hack-and-installing-emulators-ecfw.381378/

This will give you a general grasp on all thing vita hacks. As of now the latest FW is exploitable but not recommended.
Try to get a vita in either the 3.18 to 3.36 range. This will allow you to use both ecfw and bubbles.
I should mention there is no native vita hack atm but 3.18 does have a web kit exploit. Nothing happened yet, but if a native vita hack does arise it probably be on that FW

The most popular vita mods(ecfw) are TN-V and ARK which take advantage of the psp emu to play iso, homebrew, plugins etc

If you have any questions just ask, there's a lot to cover haha

So if you have a CFW PSP what is the point of getting a vita to hack?

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funnystory said:
So if you have a CFW PSP what is the point of getting a vita to hack?

Well first off I can tell you just the hardware upgrade is better than any PSP I have owned. I have owned many (model# 1000,2000,3000) had them all modded the 1000's are just a heavy brick that have a poor quality screen when it comes to character models moving fast on screen... it has a ghosting effect. the 2000's were the best IMO best screen colors and light weight and powerful at the sametime ( being able to control that ghosting effect better) the 3000's with having to have Chick-HEN or whatever that semi-mod was well it was garbage. always freezing during iso/cso gameplay.

anyways I have a PSvita modded @FW 3.18 with 2 exploit games Tekken 2 (ps1loader) and Patapon2 (pspmenu/cfw/ecfw)

you can debate that the psp can do what the vita can (psp iso/cso....ps1 eboots)

BUT

When it comes down to having a portable PS1 in your pocket for all your 1990's classics. I choose the vita with the "Tekken 2 Ps1loader exploit" other games exist

I say this because if you've owned a Modded PSP you all know how frustrating it can be to get that one custom EBOOT to load properly with sound and without freezing issues. and some can say the solution is in PoPS v etc etc..... well yes you may be right but then load a new game and you must change that PoPS V.x again. -_- pain in the ass. and if games work some have sound issues and freezing issues.

the PSvita with the Ps1 loader exploit supports 100% sound emulation.

I have tested these games from my collection so far that have 100% sound no weird noises or menu sound glitches etc:
Spyro the dragon (beaten 98% missed a few gems but I have gotten 100% in the past just played for nostalgia)
Spyro the dragon 2: rito's rage
Spyro the Dragon 3: Year of the Dragon
Silent Hill
Tomba
Crash Bandicoot
Megaman 8
Megaman X4
ChronoCross (although idk how disc swapping works but is is possible supposedly )

and I have many more I just haven't taken the time to create EBOOTS from them.

so IMO having a PSvita is worth it even if you have a modded PSP just because you get to play vita games too FFX-X2 remake :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Ralph1611 - if you need help feel free to PM or if I see a new post here ill help out as I've mentioned above I have a PSvita 3.18 Modded

I also have QCMA installed on my PC and can help you with the folder structure when it comes to installing games its not just click and drag.

you must make a folder structure ex. INSTALL.ZIP/PSP/GAME/xxxxxx then move it to the savedata folder that QCMA creates when it connects to your vita for the first time.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all!
New PS Vita user here! Just got a 3.30 one and I have 2 questions:
1) Should I stay in the 3.30 or update to 3.36?
2) What games (still on PSN) I can use to hack a PS Vita?

Thx!

Hey, there is a lot of info about hacking Vita and PSP at wololo.net, dont just go and update your Vita because there is a method to update to a lower firmware than what is current. If youi just update on the Vita it will put you on 3.52 firmware. Here is a link, scroll down for the chart of exploitable games.
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30506

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, there is a lot of info about hacking Vita and PSP at wololo.net, dont just go and update your Vita because there is a method to update to a lower firmware than what is current. If youi just update on the Vita it will put you on 3.52 firmware. Here is a link, scroll down for the chart of exploitable games.
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30506
Nice!
I've updated it to 3.36 usin Sony CMA (patched with OpenCMA) and zload.net
I have successfully bought and downloaded Patapon 2 (the only working game still online on PSN) to my PS Vita using a friend's PS3 but after than I figured out Patapon would not work for VHBL or the bubble method (to sign the games I mean). The issue is that I already returned the friend's PS3 and cannot transfer another game, not until next weekend.

On a side note, is there any way to sign in to PSN without update to 3.52? I already tried VitaUpdateBlocker but it always asks me to update.
I'd like to have my PSN stored in my Vita.

Thx!

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice!
I've updated it to 3.36 usin Sony CMA (patched with OpenCMA) and zload.net
I have successfully bought and downloaded Patapon 2 (the only working game still online on PSN) to my PS Vita using a friend's PS3 but after than I figured out Patapon would not work for VHBL or the bubble method (to sign the games I mean). The issue is that I already returned the friend's PS3 and cannot transfer another game, not until next weekend.

On a side note, is there any way to sign in to PSN without update to 3.52? I already tried VitaUpdateBlocker but it always asks me to update.
I'd like to have my PSN stored in my Vita.

Thx!

Sorry, I didnt read your post right, I am in a hurry. No you cant sign into it on your vita but if you use windows you can download the media go softwarde from sony and use that I am prettty sure. You still use VitaUpdateBlocker or some other proxy method. Im not any kind of expert here tho, I didnt bother with thge vita until last week whern i found out that there was a native hack. I have been inv olved with psp lmost from the start though. As far as I can tell the best rerpository for info on psp and vita is wololo.net

Last edited by DayVeeBoi,

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes theres a way butyou need a ps3, and if you dont have your own you can do it on a friends easy enough
Yes theres a way butyou need a ps3, and if you dont have your own you can do it on a friends easy enough
Sorry, I didnt read your post right, I am in a hurry. No you cant sign into it on your vita but if you use windows you can download the media go softwarde from sony and use that I am prettty sure. You still use VitaUpdateBlocker or some other proxy method. Im not any kind of expert here tho, I didnt bother with thge vita until last week whern i found out that there was a native hack. I have been inv olved with psp lmost from the start though. As far as I can tell the best rerpository for info on psp and vita is wololo.net
Im sorfry Im busy and ill try and edit my rubbish typing later and ghelp you out if needed. Not my laptop, cant type on it lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM