How does the Keo Ruug Shrine work? (Fateful Stars)

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I've seen the video how to unlock the gate but the part that I don't understand is, what stars?! The orange icons on the walls?

Looking up doesn't seem to do any good, it's just light from above and bricks.

What exactly am I supposed to look at?

2. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    If This is the one in lost wood, then It's The number of each pattern. Also note that there is a chest in the shrine.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The constellations correspond to the row of balls they're next to. Look at the big area of constellations on the back wall (behind the locked gate), it has the solution.
    Then if you want the chest behind a locked gate, do the same thing for it (take a picture of the constellations so you can cross reference them)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Mar 20, 2017
    -pm- and Saiyan Lusitano like this.
  4. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Ah, thanks!

5. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    This one stumped me hard I was outside looking for the stars, I was inside looking to see if there was a pattern to the constellation dots, I was pulling my hair out! The videos I seen showed me the code but didn't explain how they found it, well that's not how I work, I need to understand why things are the way they are.

Finally found this and all was well..

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/Keo_Ruug_Shrine

I then realized I was analyzing it way too much and looking for a challenge that wasn't really there.

Stupid shrine.

Magical Sheep and CosmoCortney like this.
  6. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    This was the only shrine I ever had to ask for help on. It was not very obvious.

7. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    In this shrine they should have used the word "constellations" instead of just "stars", since otherwise it might lead people to actually count every single dot without even realizing that there's any constellation at all.

8. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    That IGN page is helpful but it still looks confusing, the costellations is what we need to focus in order to unlock the gates though I don't get or know how I should be looking at it. Could someone literally point it out for me and how it's the A or B ball "goal"?

This shrine just left me totally clueless.

9. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    do you see the pattern on the wall in front of the balls? find that pattern on the big wall and count how many times it appears.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

then stick the ball in the circle next to the torches that correspond to the amount of times the patter shows. If you only see it once then stick the ball in the single torch hole, etc.

You can view the big wall if you stand on the central platform and look over the locked gate.

The pattern you are looking for may also be rotated so there is some spatial awareness involved.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  10. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    fuck this shrine so cryptic how the fuck is anyone supposed to figure that on their own?! i used a guide. :hateit:

11. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    same here lol

12. JFlare

JFlare anti skiddo

Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    It is really easy man. it shows 4 pillars each numbered as 1-2-3-4. the first ball goes in the 1st spot closest to the 1 column. the second ball goes 2 spots away from the two columns. the third ball goes 3 spots away from the three columns. and the 4th ball goes four spots away from the four columns.

13. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    it's not easy it doesn't even mention you need to count how many times the fucking thing appears! whoever designed this shrine: :gun:

14. JFlare

JFlare anti skiddo

Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    no, you just have to recognize the pattern :v

15. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    Wrong shrine.