How does someone that claims to be a LoZ fan get a simple question wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See my edit. I actually edited it twice. I've been hitting Post Reply early lately, and I'm not sure why.

But it was obviously a trick question. I consider myself to be a pretty big Zelda fan. I would have said "Left hand in most games", without even realizing he said Zelda instead of Link. It's one of those things you just don't expect.
Joking completely aside.

How would we know if Reggie really wanted to know what hand she weilds the Master Sword? I'm willing to accept I'm wrong on this but based on my evidence and past experience with the titles she's either ambidextrous or right handed. Outside of her role of being a princess I have my doubts she would have time to be trained in sword fighting proficiently enough to come close to weilding in each hand. Just to play it safe I'm saying both hands but again I'm willing to accept I'm wrong on this.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Joking completely aside.

How would we know if Reggie really wanted to know what hand she weilds the Master Sword? I'm willing to accept I'm wrong on this but based on my evidence and past experience with the titles she's either ambidextrous or right handed. Outside of her role of being a princess I have my doubts she would have time to be trained in sword fighting proficiently enough to come close to weilding in each hand. Just to play it safe I'm saying both hands but again I'm willing to accept I'm wrong on this.
You're taking this whole thing far too seriously bro.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gamefan5

The whole purpose of me specifying weapons she weilded in past titles was to narrow down what her dominant hand would be but since she only weilded the master sword once then my answer is both hands.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You're taking this whole thing far too seriously bro.
As a fan I feel it's my duty to overanalyze and nitpick. It's all in good fun.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joking completely aside.

The few Zelda's who wield weapons do use their right hands. Never both though.

Like all the different Links across history, every Zelda would also be different. Given the time period/setting though it would make much more sense for Zelda to always be right handed, assuming any time where she is royalty. Even if she was born left handed they'd train her to use her right. Link is usually just some bumpkin who gets a green tunic and a sword so with no formal training it makes sense he just uses his dominant hand, which with most Links is his left.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've completed EVERY LoZ game (except the CDi ones) 4 times, currently during my 5th run and I did not know this. If this makes you say that I'm not a real fan then you sir, are a massive twat.

D

Deleted User

Wtf. A fan isnt someone that knows everything in a specific field, thats called a proffesional. I am a fan of the zelda series, that doesnt mean I know every fucking thing about it, it means I like some of the content that was created in/by it. I might like to only watch speedruns of the games in the series and be considered a fan. I might not know that this green guy has his own game or that he even exists. I might have stopped playing after alttp for <reasons> and not realized that they made 3d games of the series. Im still a fan if I love the games, or if I just define myself as such. Please, if you dont think so, dont consider me as a TRUE fan. Fo

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The real question would be: How many chickens does it take to switch a bulb in Zelda?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not actively, though. Apparently. Never played the game myself (I'm a Zelda fan, by the way)
I'd say that's still reaching. What is considered "active". She held it up which fits the definition of weilding, I never claimed she did anymore than that.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Zelda doesn't wield the Master Sword. She may be holding it, but she's not wielding it.
You posted the definition yourself:
To use a weapon effectively; handle or employ actively.
Handling actively meaning using it for its intended purpose: as a weapon, slashing, cutting, stabbing... She doesn't.

Reactions: VinsCool

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
18e25e6f696561aa4b6ee3f401fc346d20b3c6248377bdfbc8aa6c7d06613158.jpg

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@RemixDeluxe Senpai saw my tweet and responded to it lmao
IMG_1040.jpg
He's still replying HOLY shit

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

IMG_1042.PNG
HE'S STILL GOING

Last edited by Issac, , Reason: Put those huge images into spoiler tags

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah