Gaming How do you want the new smash bros games to be like? Melee or Brawl?

• Thread starter RedSpyGentlemen
  • Start date
  • Views 3,307
  • Replies 39

ashxu

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't care honestly, I like Brawl and I don't like Melee and I'm looking forward to the new Smash.

Want a competitive fighting game? Get Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter.
MK9 has been dead to the competitive scene for quite awhile now. Everyone jumped ship to Injustice and even then Injustice is probably on the lower end of the popularity scale.

Melee/P:M is a decent competitive game, it has some really arbitrary rules but it's there.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The two minutes I got to play at the Best Buy demo seemed to be not quite as fast as Melee, but nowhere near the sluggishness of Brawl. I was quite satisfied, as that's exactly how I hoped it would be.

Also hurray, because Fox got nerfed soooooooooo hard ;O;

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking of the idea that Nintendo could include a separate mode within the main game with Melee's physics and properties to appeal to the Melee players. Sure it would add more work, but I think it would be great for having a variety

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Melee can be too fast to process at times. I never saw a problem with the slower movement of Brawl as you have the time to properly come up with a strategy. All I can say for sure about Melee is that it's essentially luck-based button mashing.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Melee can be too fast to process at times. I never saw a problem with the slower movement of Brawl as you have the time to properly come up with a strategy. All I can say for sure about Melee is that it's essentially luck-based button mashing.
By any means - that in fact is brawl, not melee.

Smashballs, tripping and some unbalanced characters - need more evidence?

Reactions: lampdemon

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope they include more random slipping, metroid levels, Mario clones, slow online play, and suicidal luigis.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love for it to be like melee. In melee, not only was it fast paced, but one character had an advantage over the other. In brawl, all characters are "almost" in some way equal to one another. My main character, sheik, is who i used to play with in melee, but when it comes to brawl, i dont play with him at all. Additionally, i believe that the 3ds version is going to be like the brawl version. I remember it was confirmed that way at least somewhere online...

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The amount of stupidity in this thread is amusing. Get over it guys, we have Curse, Cloud9, Team Liquid and a bunch of other big name teams between the e-Sport availing Smash a competitive game, saying the opposite and crying against it makes you look bad. Competitive Smash IS a reality.

Also,for whoever said Mortal Kombat, isn't competitive, it is.

I would like a new game, we will not get Melee, so i want something new compared to Brawl.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The amount of stupidity in this thread is amusing. Get over it guys, we have Curse, Cloud9, Team Liquid and a bunch of other big name teams between the e-Sport availing Smash a competitive game, saying the opposite and crying against it makes you look bad. Competitive Smash IS a reality.

Also,for whoever said Mortal Kombat, isn't competitive, it is.

I would like a new game, we will not get Melee, so i want something new compared to Brawl.

I am not seeing anybody denying that it exists, just that those designing the competitions would probably struggle to design a die rolling contest, the competitions themselves are filling with cretins a lot of the time (though probably not as bad as general fighting games, not as bad is not good though) and that the games are not best tuned for it (though I stand by the earlier remark of those designing competitions around this are not good at their job).

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm guessing you're of the "Fox only, no items, Final Destination" type.
Sorry if I made a impression like that - 'cause thats not the case. Just an ordinary player, nothing more.

Just wanted to point out that melee is everything but not very luck-based for me. What makes you think so?

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry if I made a impression like that - 'cause thats not the case. Just an ordinary player, nothing more.

Just wanted to point out that melee is everything but not very luck-based for me. What makes you think so?

Sorry then. It's just that a majority of people who dislike Brawl's mechanics are the type who are so competitive they forget to have fun with Smash. I'm glad to know you aren't like that, but I do prefer Brawl over Melee just based on the speed. My fingers can't catch up with the speed of Melee and the highest CPU level I can handle is 5 or 6, whereas in Brawl I'm good enough to take on any character CPU at highest level, regardless of the advantage/disadvantage.

lampdemon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry then. It's just that a majority of people who dislike Brawl's mechanics are the type who are so competitive they forget to have fun with Smash. I'm glad to know you aren't like that, but I do prefer Brawl over Melee just based on the speed. My fingers can't catch up with the speed of Melee and the highest CPU level I can handle is 5 or 6, whereas in Brawl I'm good enough to take on any character CPU at highest level, regardless of the advantage/disadvantage.

Are you kidding? The CPUs in melee are dumb as a rock, even the lv9 ones. Brawl improved a lot on the CPU AI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1