Hacking How do you use the cheats in either USB Loader GX or Config. Usb Loade

Koneesha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me how to do this. I download the cheat files in the loaders and turn on the cheats and save the .gct files or whatever. but it never works.

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
I use cheat codes with USB Loader GX. You should really read the ReadMii that the team have written

but ill tell you anyway. You need to create your own GCT files so you have the cheats you want, I used a code manager by "Link" have a search for it.

You need to create your cheat files and name them under the game code of the game you want to cheat with, For example if i wanted to use cheat codes for Metroid Prime 3, I would need a GCT file called "RM3P01.gct"

Now you have the cheat code file you need to put it on your SD card under SD:/codes

Then go into USB Loader GX, turn on Ocarina from the global settings, then go to in individual game setting for in this example Metroid Prime 3, and make sure ocarina is turn on.

Boot up your game and it will work.

Older revisions of GX would code dump when no cheat file was found so turn off ocarina for the games you dont want to cheat with

Koneesha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teh H4rRy said:
I use cheat codes with USB Loader GX. You should really read the ReadMii that the team have written

but ill tell you anyway. You need to create your own GCT files so you have the cheats you want, I used a code manager by "Link" have a search for it.

You need to create your cheat files and name them under the game code of the game you want to cheat with, For example if i wanted to use cheat codes for Metroid Prime 3, I would need a GCT file called "RM3P01.gct"

Now you have the cheat code file you need to put it on your SD card under SD:/codes

Then go into USB Loader GX, turn on Ocarina from the global settings, then go to in individual game setting for in this example Metroid Prime 3, and make sure ocarina is turn on.

Boot up your game and it will work.

Older revisions of GX would code dump when no cheat file was found so turn off ocarina for the games you dont want to cheat with
Thank You. I read the readmii but i didnt quite understand it. So although the loader will download the codes and say gct file saved you actually have to do it yourself?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Was it unclear?
Tell me what you didn't understand and I'll try to answer (and correct it in the readmii)
smile.gif

One thing to know: the loader downloads a txt file. You need to use the code manager to make it into a gct file. Th txt contains all codes, the gct only the ones you enabled.

Koneesha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Was it unclear?
Tell me what you didn't understand and I'll try to answer (and correct it in the readmii)
smile.gif

One thing to know: the loader downloads a txt file. You need to use the code manager to make it into a gct file. Th txt contains all codes, the gct only the ones you enabled.
I was looking at the old read me. So the ocarina in the loader works? For some reason b i the cheats i have selected or whatever it doesnt seem to work.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem. I've tried loading the GCT straight from the loader, and using a manager and putting them on the SD, either way it won't work. I've been doing it even NOT having the files on.

Do you have to have Ocarina installed elsewhere or does it automatically work with USB Loader GX, because I don't h ave Ocarina installed.

Also, do I need certain cIOSes to get it to work or something? Right now even if I don't turn on ANY cheats but I have Ocarina "ON" when I load the game it just goes black on the screen and the Wii is only able to be turned back on via the system (no controller, etc ; and needs to be held down until it turns red)

I did it following the guide at first, then did it the other way. I'm on the latest version updated via the actual thing, I have the new forwarder, everything.

EDIT: The only thing I could think of is that I need an updated cIOS, mine now is like 10 or 11.

Mr Esteves

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a gct for brawl+ but it only does have the hack to enable the snapshot method, how can i create a txt file for that? its fine if i download the one trough usb loader GX?
edit: tried the download and then i get a code dump

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What is this snapshot loading method all about that I have heard mentioned here and other places? I am curious as to what it is and how to go about doing it (if needed/interested).

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I use cheat/ocarina codes has always worked, so I can only suggest the same method. This can all be done at your Wii.

If you have a wireless internet connection, use the Homebrew Browser to download Code Downloader, and Cheat Manager to your sd card. Run Code Downloader from the HBC, and browse for the game you want cheats for, and download them. Then run Cheat Manager from the HBC, and select the game you just downloaded the cheats for. With this app, you can turn on the desired cheats, and select "create .gct file." In USB Loader GX, turn Ocarina on for the game you just created the .gct for, and load the game. The cheats you selected should be active.

I realize that a cheat downloader has been incorporated into the GX loader itself, but I haven't tried it. The method I described works great for me, so I'll continue to use it.

Reactions: chrisemersonnc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning