Hardware How do you treat your 3DS?

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Club Nintendo pouch that I carry it in, and if the screens get dirty I clean them almost immediately (streaks are very noticeable in 3D.)

I love the hell out of my 3DS, but it feels delicate compared to my DSi. That thing is built like a rock .

Hydreigon

Isn't that DELICIOUS!?
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I treat my 3DS?
blink.gif

>.>

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aijelsop said:
I honestly treat mine like it's a million dollar bill.

I wipe it off with a cloth every time I'm done using it, (not when I put it in my pocket though) and I don't even let my little brother play it, because his hands could be dirty.
If I drop it, I have to make sure nothing is scratched up, or broken. I use the circle pad very carefully, I don't ever use it in DS games, or DSiWare. I use the DPAD. I don't move it around like I do with my GCN controllers. I could care less if those break. They're only $7... and I have 6 of them. -.-
To start off, not only would wiping a million dollar bill with a cloth be extremely pointless, but I doubt you get much more than a single use out of it.
Next, if you did drop a million dollar bill, I doubt it would scratch or break.

It doesn't even have a Circle Pad.

Yes, I'm bored, so I decided to post this. I'm a terrible person.
biggrin.gif

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screen protectors with a microfiber cloth between the screens, inside a Zelda armor case, inside the official Executive case. I'm thinking about getting one of those silver metal briefcases to lock it in as well
toot.gif

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
After drunkenly throwing myself around in the pit at a gig with it in my pocket, only to discover that all that had happened was 4 streetpass hits, I don't really treat it well. It is only a material object, if it breaks I will be annoyed but not devastated. It's usually loose in my pocket at all times- I got it 2 weeks after launch and have knocked it off of shelves, dropped it and fallen over whilst playing it and it still looks as good as it did on day one.

They are sturdy little beasts, give them a chance to wow you with their hard outer shells

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been taking good care of mine, but it's not fragile. One thing I did do before even deciding to buy the 3DS is look at demo units in WalMart, Target, Gamestop to see how they looked after taking abuse. The circle pad seems to hold up just fine. The weak points, from what I saw, are the Select, Home, and Start buttons, and also the 3D slider (but you'd have to intentionally damage it, which was done to one demo unit I saw). Don't use fingernails to push those buttons below the bottom screen ... other than that, seems pretty tough to me.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, this is the third day with my 3DS and...The first day, realized I forgot screen protectors, tried not too play too much but I ended up knocking back a few hours..
Second day: Got screen protectors, cleaned the screen and put them on, third day is today and it's in great condition.

When not in use it's either in my pocket or on the charging dock (My pocket for the pedometer).

D

Deleted User

I started off treating it like treasure... 3-4 weeks later its on the Dinner Table,On my bed,in the Car xD

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
At home: charging cradle
At work: inside case... which is inside bag
On bus and train to and from work: actually playing it (usually Pkmn:B or Pl, GS:DD, or maybe TLoZ: OoT), but cleaning the screen half the time... also careful not to drop it; already got a few scratches because of that... I am scared of breaking it (Unlike my DSLite, and DS Phat (that thing is like a fucking tank)).

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country
damysteryman said:
On bus and train to and from work: actually playing it (usually Pkmn:B or Pl, GS:DD, or maybe TLoZ: OoT), but cleaning the screen half the time... also careful not to drop it; already got a few scratches because of that... I am scared of breaking it (Unlike my DSLite, and DS Phat (that thing is like a fucking tank)).

Yet its the only thing I managed to break >.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I treat mine pretty well. I take it around with me sometimes, but if I do i bring my Club Nintendo pouch. I don't really like other people playing it, and I try to keep it clean. After all, I payed $250, and by the end of the year I will have ~40 games downloaded onto it that are specific to my handheld. I don't wanna ruin it, but at the same time, I do play it.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Luna said:
damysteryman said:

Yet its the only thing I managed to break >.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.