Gaming How do you think the Switch VC will work?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Just curious. What do you expect the Switch Virtual Console to actually look like, how do you think it will work and why? Also, feel free to post your own concept images or videos if you like.

For my concept, I have made a few illustrations of what I think the Virtual Console will look like on the Switch. As of now, I only have one illustration showing the HOME Menu game icons. I will add another illustration showing the VC Menu concept later on.

Switch_VC_Concept_1_5.png

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it will work how it has in the past. It will appear on the home screen like any other eshop purchase, and have 1 save state.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One rumor I've seen pop up in a few places in different contexts is that games on the VC may add support for online play. I may be misreading the information, but what I see it tied to a lot is the Gamecube games on the VC, specifically that Melee may offer online matches. I have no idea if that's true, but I'd like to see it happen for sure.

Of note is that NERD is taking over the Virtual Console, they are the team behind the NES Classic and the DS VC games on the Wii U. What I hope this means is that VC games will overall look better and not have all be so needlessly dark. And hopefully have various different display options. We'll see.

I do believe that GC games will probably come to it, and the rumor of an officially localized Mother 3 VC release seems likely to me as well.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will have two modes, TV Mode & portable mode,
TV Mode allows you to access all apps (digitally) on the console, but portable mode will only allow you to boot up into physical games you own, and not access all other features that are meant for TV Mode.

Of course I'm just guessing.
Also it will support many 3rd party themes, meaning you could add a picture of Donald Trump's face as a theme on your portable controller (or whatever they call it)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will have two modes, TV Mode & portable mode,
TV Mode allows you to access all apps (digitally) on the console, but portable mode will only allow you to boot up into physical games you own, and not access all other features that are meant for TV Mode.

Of course I'm just guessing.
Also it will support many 3rd party themes, meaning you could add a picture of Donald Trump's face as a theme on your portable controller (or whatever they call it)

The storage is in the Switch itself, not the dock, so any digital VC games on the Switch should be playable on the TV or on the go like any other digital Switch title.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they take a page from PS4 book.
The side scrolling icon are cool but once you get into a lot of games your have to do a lot of scrolling to find what you need.

Now with the ps4 it does this but it mainly lists your top 5 played games and the others are under an icon called library which then opens up to a 3 by what ever grip.

That would be nice to see on the Switch.

I would hope VC games work kinda like that.
Have an icon for VC games and then you open that to see a list of your games in a big grid.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Just like they always do. It's strange that people are worried about VC.. if that matters so much then just play on older consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...