Gaming how do you remove home page

Swift Harrise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
My Safari homepage becomes home. searchpile.com suddenly. The MSE does not scan anything. I tried uninstall it from the control panel. Some pages like this one from Google describes the malware may steal sensitive information in the computer. Do you have any good idea?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
are you using windows or mac?
if you are using windows, right click on the shortcut and see this example:
shortcut.JPG

if your TARGET contains a very long text, or a website, delete the shortcut and create a new one... the target should be simple like on my example..
if your shortcut is a pinned item on the windows start bar, just remove it and create a new one...
several times i had seen people that installed toolbars, after unninstalling the toolbars and clean everything the browser starts at the weird homepage, it took me a lot of time until i figured out the shortcuts were the problem...

this should fix the problem if you already removed everything related to the toolbar\program that created this problem
if you create a new tab and it does still go to this page, someone with safari maybe can tell how to fix that...

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
And in case it hasn't already been tried, go to the safari settings and change the homepage and search engine to something else like google. If you're still encountering the problem, then you haven't removed all traces of the process that's hijacking the browser and should look into that.

lucifer564

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Swift, I suggest you run a scan of the system with Malwarebytes anti-malware. It's a free tool that can detect and remove malware like home. searchpile.com.
In addition to the methods mentioned by Originality, you can reset Safari browser settings to defaults, if necessary. This may do the trick. The post: http://guides.uufix.com/how-to-restore-your-browser-to-default-settings/ shows you how to reset safari step by step. But I strongly suggest you run Malwarebytes before doing this.

Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1