Hardware How do you remote shut down?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Switch set up and everything. However I noticed theres no way to shut down the console remotely. The closest thing is to set it to sleep mode but I'd rather not put wear and tear on the battery when not in use even if it is docked. How was this overlooked?

Reactions: Oleboy555

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you want to turn your switch on, then leave without turning it off for some reason.
then while you're gone far away from your switch turn it off later?
that makes no sense at all can other consoles do that i've never even tried with the ps4 or 3ds and i can't imagine needing to.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you want to turn your switch on, then leave without turning it off for some reason.
then while you're gone far away from your switch turn it off later?
that makes no sense at all can other consoles do that i've never even tried with the ps4 or 3ds and i can't imagine needing to.
Why does it seem like you didnt read the thread at all?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To everyone else I'm holding the home button and I dont see a shut down option. Am I missing something?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the home button but the power button on top
I'm looking all over this controller as much as I can and I dont see anything else that would resemble a power button. You said its on the top but is it somewhere near the +/- or the shoulder buttons (L/R).

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm looking all over this controller as much as I can and I dont see anything else that would resemble a power button. You said its on the top but is it somewhere near the +/- or the shoulder buttons (L/R).
Yeah on the top left there's a tiny round button near the trigger. You're talking about the console itself ?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah on the top left there's a tiny round button near the trigger. You're talking about the console itself ?
Those buttons are to release the joy-con controllers from their grip on whatever is attached. Are there any pictures we can use to point this out? This seems more difficult than it needs to be.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Those buttons are to release the joy-con controllers from their grip on whatever is attached. Are there any pictures we can use to point this out? This seems more difficult than it needs to be.
The buttons you're talking about to release the joycons are on the back. To power down is on the top. How did you even power the console on in the first place if you can't find the power button

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The buttons you're talking about to release the joycons are on the back. To power down is on the top. How did you even power the console on in the first place if you can't find the power button
I turned on the console from the power button on the console itself.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your first post you were talking about the console itself. So what do you mean ? Are you talking about the controllers ? They don't turn off, they only turn off by sliding them on the console itself
I'm not asking to turn off the controllers I'm asking how to turn off the console. Unless this power button is more microscopic than the LEDs on this thing I'm hard pressed to find anything resembling a power button. I'm really trying here.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read everything, you said remotely not with a remote. those don't really have the same meaning.
I'm still not convinced you read my thread but thanks for trying.

the home button on the controller is the power button also it looks like a house. hold it down.
I'm fully aware of what the home button is, thank you. However no option to shut down the console exists. Do I have to do it from the options or something cause I didnt see anything of that sort.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not asking to turn off the controllers I'm asking how to turn off the console. Unless this power button is more microscopic than the LEDs on this thing I'm hard pressed to find anything resembling a power button. I'm really trying here.
There is a power button on the top left. on the TOP. Hold that down and you'll power it down. It ain't hard to find ! It's just a round button on the top left of the console itself standing upright

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a power button on the top left. on the TOP. Hold that down and you'll power it down. It ain't hard to find ! It's just a round button on the top left of the console itself standing upright
I feel really dumb in not finding this alleged button. I promise you all I see are the two shoulder buttons and the one button to release the joy-cons grip. I can take pics if you want to see.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I feel really dumb in not finding this alleged button. I promise you all I see are the two shoulder buttons and the one button to release the joy-cons grip. I can take pics if you want to see.
Switch-3-1.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning