Hacking how do you boot dslink from the ds main menu?

lonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have flashme v7 dslink and supercard mini SD. when i hold select and turn on power to acess the ds main menu. the "ds Card" box at the top of the bottom screen is greyed out and says "There is no DS Card insterted." I assume it is possible to boot it because on the nds browser thread sean66 said it works. can anyone tell me what i a doing wrong?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
a flashed ds always looks for a bootable device on slot2. and since dslink doesnt have a builtin passme it wont show up in the ds main menu.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the only way to do it would be to insert the slot 2 flashcart after the DS-Link has booted.
I do not have mine with me at the moment but I'm pretty sure that's going to be the only way.

AFAIK you can NOT boot the DS-Link from the DS-Menu.

The only other option would be to use an MK4 style passkey that will boot from the DS menu and then swap in the DS-Link.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Isn't it possible (tried this a while back) to boot a dump of the MK4-mini from the SC? That way you can simply boot it up without taking out the SC. I think I tried this a while back but I forgot if it worked or not
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"