Hacking How do i use my PS Vita memory card on my PS TV

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received my PS TV today and am exited to tinker with it. However, I can't seem to find a guide on how I can use my PS Vita's memory card without updating my firmware. I have another 1gb memory card with nothing on it if that helps make things easier. :(

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your PSTV is on 3.60 and running Henkaku, boot into IDU mode. This will let you access the memory card without updating. Then delete the "id.dat" file in the root of ux0 and you can use it on your PSTV after booting out of IDU mode.

You can check this thread for more information about IDU mode: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps-vita-idu-mode-everything-you-need-to-know.438482/
This is just what i needed but it seems REALLY risky. The Github page is flooded with people who bricked/soft bricked/updated their console.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Bricking is usually fairly rare, so long as you don't do anything obviously stupid like pull the memory card or fuck with things that shouldn't be messed with.

Make sure you disconnect the wifi, you can clear the connection settings to be 100% sure it won't update. Other than that, just boot into IDU, install Henkaku (via the offline installer), then delete the id.dat in Vita Shell and boot back into normal mode (you need to open IDU mode and clear the demo mode).

I've gone into IDU mode at least 2+ dozen times in the past week testing out Adrenaline stuff and I haven't had any problems.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you install Henkakamalaku on the internal memory and sign into your PSN account, then your Memory nugget should work
you can't sign in if you are using henkaku because spoofing no longer works

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bricking is usually fairly rare, so long as you don't do anything obviously stupid like pull the memory card or fuck with things that shouldn't be messed with.

Make sure you disconnect the wifi, you can clear the connection settings to be 100% sure it won't update. Other than that, just boot into IDU, install Henkaku (via the offline installer), then delete the id.dat in Vita Shell and boot back into normal mode (you need to open IDU mode and clear the demo mode).

I've gone into IDU mode at least 2+ dozen times in the past week testing out Adrenaline stuff and I haven't had any problems.
okay i will be extra carefull. now i have another problem, i can't transfer any files to my pstv. I am using filezilla and it detected my PSTV just fine but i can't transfer anything.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you're using Molecular Shell, install VitaShell and try that instead.

Molecular Shell has been turned into a "safe homebrew", which disables permissions to write in a majority of the storage (to avoid things like bricking etc).

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you're using Molecular Shell, install VitaShell and try that instead.

Molecular Shell has been turned into a "safe homebrew", which disables permissions to write in a majority of the storage (to avoid things like bricking etc).
I can't transfer anything to my PSTV include VPKs such as Vita Shell. How do i install it another way? :/

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Erm...what's the exact error you're getting? You should be able to write into the root of ux0

You can try using QCMA and the mp4 method to transfer things instead if it just doesn't work at all. Basically install QCMA, put the vpk in the directory you choose for video files and add the .mp4 extension to the end of the file name. Then transfer it using Content Manager->Videos on the Vita and just rename the VPK using Molecular Shell.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm...what's the exact error you're getting? You should be able to write into the root of ux0

You can try using QCMA and the mp4 method to transfer things instead if it just doesn't work at all. Basically install QCMA, put the vpk in the directory you choose for video files and add the .mp4 extension to the end of the file name. Then transfer it using Content Manager->Videos on the Vita and just rename the VPK using Molecular Shell.
This is odd. So i initially installed henkaku but the only folder that showed up was ux0. So i reset it, installed normal henkaku and suddenly all the other folders appeared. Hopefully it will work now once filezilla decides to connect to it. :glare: It hasn't been wanting to ever since i got a new router.

Last edited by Stephano,

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I got it working! Thanks again for your help.
I have one last question. I had some VPKs installed on my system but when i booted them on the PSTV, my save data was not there. Is this normal?

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
This is odd. So i initially installed henkaku but the only folder that showed up was ux0. So i reset it, installed normal henkaku and suddenly all the other folders appeared. Hopefully it will work now once filezilla decides to connect to it. :glare: It hasn't been wanting to ever since i got a new router.

If you have changed the router in your home then its DHCP will have given all the devices on your network new IP addresses as well, almost certainly they wont line up with the old routers address system, you'll have to be careful with anything like filezilla where you are connecting with saved IP address's because of the new router in the house (unless you are using a server for running the DHCP in your home but this is unlikely to be the case in a home network.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong