Hacking How do I unbrick my Wii?

Xavier.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am not sure if I'm supposed to ask this question here... But I really need help!
I had this Wii ever since it came out.. Well a month after its release.
I had my Wii in its "vanilla" state for 8 years, after those 8 years, I decided to softmod it.
Which was easy! NO Problem at all!
But here's the problem, I never installed anything but after 1 year of the Wii being softmodded.
So my Wii was still pretty much "Vanilla", ignoring the fact that I had HBC of course.
After I finally installed things like Nintendont, VbaGX, xSnes9GX, USB Loader GX, and VC games.
Nothing happened until 2 months later, which is now, I was playing Super Mario World on xSnes9GX yesterday, saved, went to the main menu of Snes9xGX and pressed the "Home" button on my Wiimote which booted me back to the Wii menu and then pressed the "Power" button on my Wiimote.
Today, I decided to play some more games, and I found out that my Wii has been bricked.
Whenever I turn the system on, it just gives me black a screen.
I checked thrice if everything was plugged in correctly, and they were plugged in correctly.
I've seen multiple videos on how to unbrick my Wii, but one requires me to format it using NAND, but I don't have a GC Controller and I don't have bootmii, neither do I want to lose my save files on my Wii of my Wii games.
And there are some without using NAND, but the comment section mostly consists of comments that say that it doesn't work...
Are there any other ways to do it?
Ones that doesn't require internet connection either? Because we switched Internet providers a few weeks ago and my Wii was unable to connect to it.
ALSO! I wouldn't really specify myself as a newbie to the softmodding community, so you can make it sound as complicated as it sounds without simplifying it for me!

Last edited by Xavier.,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it turn back off with a remote? If you didn't write anything to the NAND it could be either the Wi-fi or Bluetooth module, or even possibly a dead backup battery. (The battery is located behind a small panel with a screw in it on the edge of the console with the rubber feet.)

Xavier.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does it turn back off with a remote? If you didn't write anything to the NAND it could be either the Wi-fi or Bluetooth module, or even possibly a dead backup battery. (The battery is located behind a small panel with a screw in it on the edge of the console with the rubber feet.)
It doesn't turn off using the Wiimote because it won't connect to the Wii, I think it freezes before the "Health and Safety" screen.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second that. The WiFi and Bluetooth modules can both go bad, and either one not working properly will cause the console to boot with a black screen.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would just have to replace one or both of them. Both of them can be found on eBay. But there is not a very good way to tell if that's actually your issue.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there is one way to tell if the Bluetooth module works. Does the Wii turn on when you press the power button on one of your synced controllers? If it does, then I think your Bluetooth module is fine.

Reactions: GreyWolf

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have bootmii as boot2 or priiloader? Then use boot2 to get to bootmii or hold reset while powering on to get to priiloader.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaveMii dongle.

Thought this also may help. It seems like a Wii Hardware issue, or file corruption with your Wii. I'm not positive if Bootmii needs to be on the system but it most likely will in order to recover the NAND... But from what the site says they said that it boots with a disc and recovers the system files on the Wii.

Right now since you can boot up the Wii, but can't acsess the "Press A to continue" button than it's likely that you will have to follow method D of SaveMii Dongle. http://savemii.net/troubleshooting.html

Vishnoo

Failure is success if we learn from it.
Trophies
XP
Country
India
But savemii dongle is not available these days.Even if You find one it is not gonna be cheap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on