Hardware How do I transfer SD Cards?

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the SD card that came with my purchase and I recently bought a newer, higher capacity card.

How do I transfer everything without losing everything?

Thanks!

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wanted to you could also keep a backup of the SD card on your computer, or even mix-and-match SD cards if you wanted. As long as all the content was bought on the same console the system will accept it. This is useful if you wanted to keep both SD cards and use the bigger one specifically for downloading bigger games.

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as all the content was bought on the same console the system will accept it.
Would this be a way to mess around with games then? For example, lets say I have a Pokemon that I want to duplicate. I can save my game and back it up to my computer, trade it away to a different game, then restore my copy from the backup I made previously, thus having it on my 3DS and a different one. Would this work or are there countermeasures in place to prevent it?

I've wanted to test it when Alpha Sapphire comes out but I may get the cartridge instead so I can use powersaves.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this be a way to mess around with games then? For example, lets say I have a Pokemon that I want to duplicate. I can save my game and back it up to my computer, trade it away to a different game, then restore my copy from the backup I made previously, thus having it on my 3DS and a different one. Would this work or are there countermeasures in place to prevent it?

I've wanted to test it when Alpha Sapphire comes out but I may get the cartridge instead so I can use powersaves.

In theory it should work, but Nintendo's already made it impossible to do so. I don't really understand it much myself, but the way the data is stored on there makes it impossible to do it sadly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.