ROM Hack how do I run DS roms on my Movie player?

kentasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi!
i got my movie player and a passme, and i know that i can firmware it some how and run ds roms (on my DS, no lite).
so, can someone help and guid me how to do this?

thx.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking arround. there's a "patcher you have to download.

Oh, damn man. I thought you were talking about the Datel Max Media Player. Movie Player cannot run roms.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're talking about the GBAMP v2, it doesn't run commercial roms. It runs homebrew though. I've seen talk of a firmware patch that allows it to run some commercial roms, but I've never wanted to try and bugger mine up.

If you're talking about the M3 (Movie Player), there's an excellent guide & thread located here.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is actually a 3rd Generation of GBAMP which was developed around using the M3 components but has the NDS ROM feature stripped out of it. As for running commercial ROMs off the GBAMP v2, it is highly unlikely because the person who developed the firmware to allow reading off the CF Card would only allow homebrew applications to run. These homebrew people really don't like piracy (which is something that bugs me a bit).

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
These homebrew people really don't like piracy (which is something that bugs me a bit).

It's because you're using somebody's software without paying for it. As programmers and developers they are simply allergic to the mere thought of not getting paid for their work. So that's why they frown upon piracy (at least software piracy; music piracy is okay
wink.gif
).

QUOTE(Renegade_R @ Jun 19 2006, 09:35 PM)...using the M3 components but has the NDS ROM feature stripped out of it.

NDS ROM feature? Are you sure? I'm pretty sure they are removing the GBA ROM feature.

kentasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ammmm
I read in some places that there is away to run roms whit it, using the Chishm firmware (I think it's chishm firmware) , does somone ever try this?
here's what he sayes at his websit (http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/NDSMP/index.html):

" My firmware hack allows you to run NDS files from a compact flash cart using a PassMe, FlashMe or WifiMe. This is intended purely for homebrew purposes. DO NOT ask about any commercial ROMs. This includes demos. Any such questions will be met with hostility. You have been warned. "

And if it can't run roms, what is the cheapest device I can buy (that suport FC card) ?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You can't run commercial (game) ROMs from a GBAMP with Schishm's hack, only homebrew programs.

(You could, if you wrote your own GBAMP FAT library, GBAMP firmware hack, and a NDS ROM patcher. None of the developers will do that, because they oppose piracy.)

The cheapest CF device that plays NDS ROMs? I'd say the Supercard CF.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs