PS1/2 How Do I Replace Audio Files in PS2 Games?

YouAreNotSugoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really want to play the first Yakuza but I just hate the English voice acting and there's no option for Japanese dialogue. I tried looking for an undub but I just can't find anything. I want to take the audio files from the Japanese version of Yakuza (Like A Dragon) and put them into the US version and just turn on subtitles but I'm not sure how to do this. Can anyone help?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not especially current on PS2 stuff but I can hopefully get you started down the right path. There are various methods used for PS2 audio, up to and including ones where they are effectively hidden from the standard iso filesystem that most PS2 games use (though this is favoured more by square (enix) than Sega). http://www.zophar.net/utilities/ps2util.html has a few slightly older tools aimed more at ripping that might make the basis for a more up to date search.

As this game is an open (ish) world game then it changes things a tiny bit and I would place a higher probability on seeing compressed audio rather than the more expanded wave type audio seen in songs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.