ROM Hack How do I reinstall a stock HOME Menu?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I've been trying to do this for some time. I'm stuck on 11.0, because the console doesn't want to update because of my language-patched HOME Menu. For some reason it remains patched even after reinstalling it several times.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Check this link:

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting

The first section, getting black screen on boot, is what you will want to do. It contains steps to install clean system titles that may have been patched in the past, like homemenu or agbfirm. You'd happen upon this problem anyway if you were to update to latest Luma. I had that as well, so just restore those clean files. But make absolutely sure that you install NS.cia and the home menu cia in one go, do not reboot in between. For me this resulted in boot errors and I had to restore an old Nand backup because of that.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And what exactly is the problem you get when trying to reinstall the stock files? Should be nothing more than installing the .cia and be done. Maybe delete the original title beforehand.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
And what exactly is the problem you get when trying to reinstall the stock files? Should be nothing more than installing the .cia and be done. Maybe delete the original title beforehand.
The menu remains patched. I can't even install it without deleting the original first.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The menu remains patched. I can't even install it without deleting the original first.
But if you install the original home menu, deleting the old one first, there is absolutely no way that your home menu remains patched. Only if there were other files involved as well which you don't restore.
Well, looks like you have to bite the apple. Backup your saves, restore 9.2 CTRTransfer, update, install your stuff again and restore saves. And then don't patch stuff anymore.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO DO

okay, i'll try

Find the name of your region specific system titles on 3DBrew. Download them with NUS. Install with FBi. Check if "pending titles" in FBi lists the problematic CIAs. If it does, backup your saves and perform CTR transfer. Believe me, that's the only way to fix it. It took me 2 months to find a way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte