Hardware How do I reassemble the O3DS top screen?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought an old style 3DS with a broken top screen so I can salvage the parts from it and since there's no further use for it, I thought I'd learn how to disassemble the top screen so I can replace it in the future. A lot of the guides were detailed in telling me how to take it apart and eventually thread the ribbon cables through the hinge but where I have problems is the part where it says, "now follow the guide in reverse" and I am stumped in trying to push all the ribbon cables through the hinge.

So far I discovered that if I tightly roll the camera and the top screen ribbon, it can go through without a problem but the problem is the third cable, the speaker cable. Am I suppose to roll all three of the cable tightly and the shove through at once? If so, is there an easy way of doing it?

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
There is no easy way....

I always take all at once and roll them as tight as possible without breaking them... Then all through the hinge... But you got to be really carefull as the display flex breaks easy as Glas... Just a bit of pull and push... But just when the cables got the space in the tiny little hole there. When you are through they will unroll themselfs... It just learning by doing... I needed a few tries even broke 2 or 3 cables till I got the right way. Greetz

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr