ROM Hack how do i randomize pokemon moon with luma 7.0??

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I followed this tutorial from operationIdroid but, I placed my patch files into the romfs folder like the update page for luma 7.0 described...

I also grabbed my ips patch and placed it into my title id folder

then I saved after the bridge cut-scene before walking back to town with lillie and used jksm to extract a save from pokemon moon and placed the main file into my romfs folder....

I boot up the game just fine... but, no 10 second wait at the beginning... I go back to town and select my starter and nothing is randomized...

can someone please help me?? I done everything in the tutorial and the added steps on the luma 7.0 update description and nothing happens...

D

Deleted User

Did you enable Game Patching in Luma's menu? This needs to be enabled for LayeredFS to work.

D

Deleted User

you should also get the nightly version they usually fix my issues
I have to disagree on this. Nightlies are untested, and thus, potentially unstable, having bugs that the developers aren't even aware of yet. You should stick with the Stable releases; we just had the first stable release of Luma in months, might as well use it.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
nightly or hourly??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I downloaded the latest hourly and it didn't fix my issues... I patched my code.bin with the ips files and everything.. I don't know why its not working on my end...

SahierKHLover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got news they changed the path settings for 7.0 I don;t know why it didn;t affect me but maybe thats your problem or either its a bad dump of the code.bin

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your code.bin needs to be inside Luma/Titles/TitleID>code.bin. Don't rename the code.bin to the titleID, just create the new directory and throw either a pre-patched one in there, or IPS patches.
I just got news they changed the path settings for 7.0 I don;t know why it didn;t affect me but maybe thats your problem or either its a bad dump of the code.bin
You could have at least told him what the new path was........Why even mention it?

Also, nightlies and hourlies are the same thing. They are interchangeable terms, and it's not suggested for anyone other than devs troubleshooting the reboot patches etc, to use them. They cause more problems than they fix later.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Your code.bin needs to be inside Luma/Titles/TitleID>code.bin. Don't rename the code.bin to the titleID, just create the new directory and throw either a pre-patched one in there, or IPS patches.

You could have at least told him what the new path was........Why even mention it?

Also, nightlies and hourlies are the same thing. They are interchangeable terms, and it's not suggested for anyone other than devs troubleshooting the reboot patches etc, to use them. They cause more problems than they fix later.
do I throw in the original or the one I patched with sumo ips helper?

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
The patched one.
that was fast!!! :wtf: and its still not working heres the inside of my folder...
Screenshot (47).png

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting the IPS file.. Make sure the options are enabled in Luma settings and try again. It should work exactly like SaltySD (minus the extra patch) with a different directory (Luma/Titles/TitleID/RomFS/>>)

You could try updating Luma to 7.0.1 as well since it added some improvements to it's LayeredFS. I doubt it would effect this particular game but it couldn't hurt.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still didn't work.... I randomized my starters and used custom text to have the words be the pokemon I randomized for and, it didn't change...
And you replaced the edited files in your RomFS folder in Luma/Titles/TitleID/RomFS? Often people copy the un-edited files by mistake or have them in the wrong place or something.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting the IPS file.. Make sure the options are enabled in Luma settings and try again. It should work exactly like SaltySD (minus the extra patch) with a different directory (Luma/Titles/TitleID/RomFS/>>)

You could try updating Luma to 7.0.1 as well since it added some improvements to it's LayeredFS. I doubt it would effect this particular game but it couldn't hurt.
I had difficulties using salty sd because of it corrupting my save and when I deleted my save and made a new one... I never had the problem again but, unable to romhack or randomize my game...

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you use PK3DS to make your edits, make sure that the file has your current timestamp afterwards. The program is also notorious for not saving changes under certain environments.

I had difficulties using salty sd because of it corrupting my save and when I deleted my save and made a new one... I never had the problem again but, unable to romhack or randomize my game...
So you couldn't even use SaltySd anymore after restarting your game? Is that what you're saying? Or do you mean SaltySd worked after that, but no other rom edits?

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
And you replaced the edited files in your RomFS folder in Luma/Titles/TitleID/RomFS? Often people copy the un-edited files by mistake or have them in the wrong place or something.
if I had them in the wrong place, the game would of blackscreened and are you supposed to quit out of pk3ds after you make edits?? I see various tutorials on how to do this and they don't quit out of pk3ds when they go to grab the files to place into the sd card...

When you use PK3DS to make your edits, make sure that the file has your current timestamp afterwards. The program is also notorious for not saving changes under certain environments.

So you couldn't even use SaltySd anymore after restarting your game? Is that what you're saying? Or do you mean SaltySd worked after that, but no other rom edits?
idk... I can't tell any differences between the game with or without outlines so I'm trying to focus on the starter selection to see if my patch worked or not...

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I had them in the wrong place, the game would of blackscreened and are you supposed to quit out of pk3ds after you make edits?? I see various tutorials on how to do this and they don't quit out of pk3ds when they go to grab the files to place into the sd card...
You don't have to quit the program, no. As long as it saves the edits to the correct file it's fine. And no, the game won't automatically blackscreen it will just refuse to load the outside edits and load from the cart/cia itself. It will load fine. Only time it blackscreens is if your edits are messed up or incompatible.

idk... I can't tell any differences between the game with or without outlines so I'm trying to focus on the starter selection to see if my patch worked or not...
Well there is a very clear indication of outline vs none...... It's very recognizable.

Outline on the left..................................................................No outlines on the right.

240p_lines_no_lines.jpg

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
its 9:30pm and I have work in the morning so, I'll figure this out tomorrow... I'll retry on editing the game with the same edits to see if I see any difference..

You don't have to quit the program, no. As long as it saves the edits to the correct file it's fine. And no, the game won't automatically blackscreen it will just refuse to load the outside edits and load from the cart/cia itself. It will load fine. Only time it blackscreens is if your edits are messed up or incompatible.

Well there is a very clear indication of outline vs none...... It's very recognizable.

Outline on the left..................................................................No outlines on the right.

240p_lines_no_lines.jpg
but, with my eyes... I can't tell on a 480p screen... plus the blurriness on the hat and what is that dick shaped outline around the pokeball on the left side??

SahierKHLover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Majickhat55 i don't know the path settings I just read it somewhere and I can't find I would have told him if I knew and @DarkRioru yes you could put the ips patch beside the code.bin on the sd card but you could also patch the ips file into the code.bin by using lunarips which is how I do it but that is up to you

Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain