Gaming How do I put a game into the "dashboard" of a DSi?

BobDavis69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in short, I want to play this game on a actual console
https://gbatemp.net/threads/neon-genesis-evangelion-ayanami-raising-project-ds.365648/

The game, however, has anti piracy prevention of some kind and the game crashes after opening cinematic when opened on a R4 card. I have a idea, however. In theory, the game should work if the game opens up as normal without any 3rd party software. In this case, my flashcart.

Then I look at all the empty space on my DSi dashboard that will never be used. I want that game, and possibly other games, to be opened from the dashboard itself, on top of the actual game cart inserted in the console. Am I just really out of touch and this is really easy, common sense, or do we even know how to do this?

Alternatively, can anybody with anti piracy cracking skills 101 take a minute to create a crack for other players who want the authentic experience and don't have a 3DS? It would be appreciated.

BobDavis69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not possible to install anything in a dsi homescreen. Sorry.
yes it is. It's called the DSi store, offline as of this time if I am not mistaken. You used to be able to download games off the internet straight to the DSi Dashboard. So it's very much possible, a workaround for installing other games is another issue however. I want to play other games that way, like that new Shantae game, so this is something that needs to be looked into regardless. Too bad I know jack about how a DS OS works

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
yes it is. It's called the DSi store, offline as of this time if I am not mistaken
Yes, you can legitimately buy games from the DSi Shop and have them install to the home menu, but VinsCool's answer was to the implicit question of "Can I install PIRATES games to the menu?", to which the answer is definitely "no".
so this is something that needs to be looked into regardless.
"Needs to be"? Kind of demanding, aren't you? And I feel like you massively misunderstand and underestimate the amount of effort required to crack games, even more so to crack the security of a console itself. It's not some five-minute job of opening the game up and setting "piracyblock = false".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: